Iran Majlis to codify plan to close Hormuz Strait

Snorrius

Librivorator
Iran Majlis to codify plan to close Hormuz Strait

“The Majlis Committee on National Security and Foreign Policy has drawn up a plan which puts emphasis on blocking the passage of tankers carrying oil through the Strait of Hormuz to countries that imposed sanctions on Iran,” a member of the committee Ebrahim Aqa-Mohammadi said on Monday.
Sounds to me like a good idea. I am not sure do they really have cubes to do this or just trying to use this for possible negotiations but it would be really interesting.

What do you think?

Are we supposed to believe they haven't been making and fawning over such plans for the last 30 years?

It will end just like when they tried doing this during the Iran/Iraq war.

Countries draw up plans they may or may not actually use all the time.

The USA had plans to invade Canada/UK/etc. for quite a long time (and vice versa).

So the UK wouldn't have defended Canada in the event of an American invasion because they felt it was impossible to do so (if I read that link correctly) and STILL Canada has the Queen on everything? How does that make sense?

Are we supposed to believe they haven't been making and fawning over such plans for the last 30 years?
Much as the US and many other countries have done, as squadbroken just pointed out.

Does this mean the US Navy will again overreact and shoot down a passenger jet?

Wise to have plans for numerous scenarios, not so wise to act on many of them. I doubt this leads to anything unless Iran is attacked.

The US will shoot down Iranian civilians airplanes full of civilians ? :confused:

They know that Obama likes to send in seal teams to shoot people in the face right ?

I think they are pretty close to a test.

Everything they are doing suggests a test is in the works. Everything is based on buying time for something. Makes sense only if they are or think they (1) have to have nukes to preserve the regime and (2) think they are close.

Otherwise they are just as crazy as Saddam was. Which has to be at least considered.

Just recently they were intent once again on wiping Israel off the planet. Just bomb them. I have no idea why we haven't, other than Obama is afraid.

I have no idea why we haven't, other than Obama is afraid.

There, there everyone knows Obama is an appeaser, enabler and a chamberlain. Obama will appease the middle east into world war 3. The bombs and national socalist agenda come after Obama is made president for life this Nov .... oh crap

Remember folks, budget concerns only matter so long as the money is being spent on something other than bombs.

There, there everyone knows Obama is an appeaser, enabler and a chamberlain. Obama will appease the middle east into world war 3. The bombs and national socalist agenda come after Obama is made president for life this Nov .... oh crap

Won't he have to be assassinated first?

Does every single thread in OT have to come into sarcastic attacks on American conservatives? Can't we talk about anything else?

So what, we should ignore the blatant hypocrisy of war mongering from people claiming to be concerned about the budget? Wars are very very expensive and yet you see many like mistercooper (and some of the candidates) constantly craving it while whining about debt.

Top Bottom