1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iraq Attacks Kills Dozens, Wounds Over 100 In Several Cities

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FriendlyFire, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Useful to who?

Because I live in America.

In the nineties he was hardly killing anyone. Not that it matters. America got the mantle of "master murderer of Iraqis" after the first gulf war, and the sanctions, and the second war.

U.S.A. always number 1.

Now let's forget all this and weep for the innocents in Boston, for weeks... ...with candlelight vigils and memorials and CNN specials with soft guitar music and crying parents. In fact, why not turn this thread into one about Boston? I mean, after all, who cares about Iraqis? Let's give Boston another thread! More coverage!

2. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

I seriously doubt it.

Few Republicans are deficit hawks. I :rotfl: any time anyone tries to tell me that Paul Ryan is a deficit hawk. Mccain/Bush are even less in favor of reduction of the deficit than Paul Ryan...

He's not, he's being sarcastic. The reality is that people, in general, don't care enough about people who are killed in foreign countries. That might be forgivable if it was people in foreign countries being killed by people in other foreign countries, at least that's genuinely not our government's problem, but if the US President is murdering people, and fighting wars that lead to more people being murdered on top of the ones that were already murdered in the initial imperial invasion, its a SERIOUS problem that people don't care about it. Obama has murdered far, far more people than Adam Lanza could ever dream of, but guess who everyone talks about? Its a problem, its a serious problem, and it deserves addressing. Kudos to Neomega for being brave enough to address the problem.

3. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

I don't know. Needlessly cynical posters often forget that the US is only like 60% white.

The problem with the casualty debate is that your opponents will just respond with how many people were killed in Vietnam, or Korea, or even Iraq. Something like, "I find it quite revealing that you'd continue to defend the indefensible while blatantly ignoring the mass casualties the US inflicted upon the very country it was trying to protect. How ironic/hypocritical/etc." And well, they're kind of right. But of course, Hussein was a pretty terrible guy as we all know (or at least some of us know). Do we really need another Iraq war debate?

4. Neomega

Neomega Deity

America!

Kills not many more people than Saddam Hussein, depending on time frame!

5. Azale

Azale Deity

Humanity and your health, to start.

6. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

I am sorry, did you just claim Saddam was hardly killing anyone in the 90's?

I just want you insanity and atrocity denial on record.

7. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I know huh? This is a thread about Boston now, not Iraq!

8. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Blah blah. I've been over this so many times.

Like I said, nobody cares about Iraq.

And this thread is about Boston now.

9. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Yes, we have exposed your blatant lying and hypocrisy on this many times. And as usually when confronted with both you run away.

10. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Humanity?

Hey, I'm just pointing out the blatant disrespect of the millions of war dead at the hands and cause of US imperialism. Kill millions, nary a peep. A couple of your people get blown up, and it's international news, INTERNATIONAL news for weeks.

But there is no agenda in Western media, right? In fact, it's a liberal media, right?

Yeah, somebody needs to keep reminding these narcissists running the world that they aren't the only people suffering. In fact their stupidity is causing suffering all the time. Their little bomb in a street has happened hundreds of times before in Iraq. Thank you USA for the freedom!

11. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Wave your flag harder! A great victory, here, today! At CFC! You made the enemy flee! I recommend you for a medal from your C.O.!

12. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Yeah, the 1991 Shia massacres by Saddam only killed a few 10s of thousands. That was hardly trying by his standards.

Or what about the mass grave found that contained 60,000 Kurds in it from the Kurdish massacre also from 1991?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-180704/Mass-graves-Iraq.html

And yet....'in the nineties he was hardly killing anyone'.

Yeah.

13. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Way to move that goalpost. :goodjob:

Wanna go for say, there were very few killings in July of 1999 now? On a Thursday. At noon?

14. Ayatollah So

Ayatollah So the spoof'll set you free

North Korea has always been far more efficient at killing its own citizens than Saddam. If saving lives were the point, NK would have been the first target. (Never mind the superior cost-efficiency of medical aid in the developing world generally.) For that matter, the post-invasion administration of Iraq would have gone very differently, too.

Which brings us to the current situation, with most Sunnis feeling marginalized at best, and some of them using bombs to make their point.

15. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

It doesn't matter is Saddam killed ten million people. That doesn't change the fact that George W. Bush murdered 100,000 (Assuming the accuracy of government statistics) in that country, and apparently for little to no reason.

16. ace99

ace99 Deity

I like how the reactions to bombings in Iraq is this nonsense vs. the bombings in Boston.

#keepitup

17. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Fixed for you !
    Better move to Iraq its safer there.

18. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

No, its about your false equivalency.

The serious answer to your unserious question is Boston is news because bombings don't routinely happen there. Iraq, unfortunetly, has then rather often.

What happens when a hotel in Mumbai gets bombed? International coverage.

What happens when a theatre in Moscow gets bombed? International coverage.

I night club in Bali? International coverage.

Its about expectations, ands nets that are outside them get the coverage. In this case it also happens to be an event inside the nation with the most media influence in the world, that coverage is not hypocrisy but rather an example of proximity.

19. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Iraq does have a lower murder rate than the US, but i'd point the finger at Chicago instead of Boston for that.

But assuming the point of this thread is as suspected, you just undid yourself.

20. ace99

ace99 Deity

Id think the bombings wouldn't be counted as homicides.