Iron and Blood 2: At the Crossroads

Tee Kay

Three days sober
What is this?

This is the continuation of Iron and Blood 2. Long story short, due to my not having the time nor energy to run the full IB2 game, it has been rebooted as a story-based game.

I played Iron and Blood 2; what do I do in this game?

You can reprise your roles from IB2, or, if you wish, pick up another country to play. If you pick up a country that did not previously exist in IB2 (eg the Philippines) you can create the background story for that country.

Spoiler Map of countries :

What does the map look different?

Time has passed since the events of IB2. It is now the year 1835 (so if you picked up your country from where IB2 left off you are welcome to write a story to fill in the years up to 1835). Also, since I don't have to bother with stats anymore I decided that I can use a map with more provinces so borders can be a bit more varied.

I want to join this game but I haven't played Iron and Blood 2

Past IB2 players get preference when choosing a country. You can still join, but if the country you choose is chosen by a past IB2 player you will need to choose another.

So how does this game work anyway?

It is, in a way, a return to the original IOT. It's like IB2 but without stats; the game is all about player stories. You can be as creative or as detailed as you like in telling the story of your country, as long as it's plausible and not something like: Poland builds nukes in 1866. Like in IB2, the GMs (that's me and maybe a few other people) will be handling NPCs and internal factions and creating events in the game depending on how you roleplay your countries. There's no hard stats, but I will instead country rankings to give a feel of where the countries are relative to each other.

How does war work?

Rules regarding DoWs is the same as in IB2 (new DoWs only in the first 48 hours, etc). Battles will be decided based on the relative strength of countries and, more importantly, war plans that you write/draw, which will be judged by a panel of five GMs.

Empire of Haiti

Government: Empire (Absolute Monarchy)
Emperor: His Majesty Jimi I
Capital: Port-Au-Prince
Main Export: Sugar and Tobacco
More to come.

I am Mongolia. I will soon write RP.

tsk tsk, my papal dominion should extend from Castille to Istanbul, from Malta to Copenhagen by now :p

Anyways I would like to reserve the papal states, but I won't sign in just yet, since I still need to work out how much time I have spare (RL stuff).

RP:

The Khan:

After his coronation, the new Khan converted even more Mongolians to Christianity. One after the other, all tribes of Mongolia became Christian. Then the Great Khan decided to expand his Kingdom. First, he modernized his army to match with the European Armies. Then, in 1831, he launched a series of campaigns in Siberia, known as the Mongol Wars. Soon all of Siberia was Mongolian. In 1834 the war ended. The Khan managed to make Mongolia a modern Christian nation, with a huge army and an even larger territory. Mongolia was huge, when the Khan became 40 years old in 1835.

I'll remain as the Wagadou Empire.

I'll pick up the CSA again since I love this map so.

Russia is here

UPCA here.

The Free City of Istanbul shall continue.

The Portuguese Empire shall remain under my control.

I'll pick the Mediterranean Federation of the Pyrenees once again. Although I had a larger bit of France, but meh. ;)

I'll pick the Mediterranean Federation of the Pyrenees once again. Although I had a larger bit of France, but meh. ;)

Well, you did surrender...

Plus, Tailles edited the maps a bit to fill it out.

I didn't surrender, I was winning. I just had to go away for 2 weeks. I still have my preliminary plans for the second turn of invasion.

Top Bottom