1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 3: Rapidfire - Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by kiwitt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Name change for government, and all the cool kids are doing so.

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Should I rename my actual Game Thread to Iron, Blood and Rome : Rapidfire ? - :D

Seriously though, so long as you guys think this will be fun I'm happy.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  3. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

As long as people come up with decent stories, yes, yes it will be fun. ;) And I think that would be a good name.

4. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

@Kiwitt: I&B3: A Game of Romes :p

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  5. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

Well, make sure you have a history to explain yourselves!

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Joining as the Roman Republic of the Pacific, in Australia. Details coming soon

7. kiwitt

Like it, but not everyone will be (a) Rome.

8. Kinich-Ahau

Kinich-Ahau #JustGoomyThings

I would have no problems with changing to the Great Roman Armenian Empire to fit the new theme.

9. DroopyTofu

In 100 AD, Emperor Trajan’s son, Julius Cocceius Nervimius, was on a boat from Rome to the Roman city of Londunium in Britain. He had 30 of his slaves, his wife and a group of her maidservants, as well as 50 Praetorian Guards on his boat. Off the coast of Hispania, a storm came and blew the ship out of sight of land. Unable to row against the strong winds, the ship went farther and farther out to see. Not knowing what to do, the crew simply waited to fall off the edge of the world. In Rome, Julius Cocceius Nervimius was assumed dead and Emperor Trajan adopted a son, Hadrian, who became the king in Nervimius’s place.

Following what later was discovered to be the natural currents of the Atlantic, the boat continued westward. After many days and nights, the tired crew landed on a mysterious new land. They encountered naked, dark skinned men who spoke a barbarian language. Their fighting technique was very similar to the tribes that had inhabited Gaul before the Roman conquests. As with the Gauls, these native’s weapons were no match for the well-trained and well-armed Roman soldiers. They killed any natives that tried to attack and settled down in this new land, calling the settlement Australi Roma, or Southern Rome. Julius Cocceius Nervimius and his wife, the rightful heirs to the throne in Rome, were made the leaders. Their heirs continued to serve as the ruling family to this day, giving the Empire a direct claim to be the true Rome.

Through the years, the Romans intermarried among the men and women present and the clan grew. They kept as many of the old traditions as they could. By 500, they had a stable settlement established on the eastern coast of this land. Their use of iron weapons and other European technologies allowed them to defend themselves against the frequent native attacks. An emperor in the year 634 began a new trend in Roman history. He was the first to lead an aggressive campaign against the nearby natives. Keeping the stories of the Old Rome alive, he told people that the storm that brought Emperor Julius to this land was an act of the gods so that they could conquer a new land and bring about law and order to these savage people, much as the Romans had done to the people of Europe. By 1000, the Romans controlled most of the east coast in the habitable zone between the areas deemed too hot and too cold for stable settlements. Unfortunately, this new power also brought about a loss of purity for the Romans. They began interbreeding with the natives. The powerful families kept their bloodlines clean, but the Plebeians were less concerned about pure family trees. This stratified Roman society even more. Through the next 500 years, the borders of Rome fluctuated back and forth, occasionally moving inland, occasionally losing coastal land. They left their mark on the cultures, technologies, and genetics of the nearby natives.

When Europeans arrived once again in 1492, they found dark skinned natives in the Caribbean but were shocked at how European some of the natives north of this sea were. They heard rumors of similarly fair skinned men who ruled a large area. Contact was restored between Australi Roma and the rest of Europe. Trade was quickly established and the newly christened Roma Australlium Terras (Rome of the Southern Lands) adapted to match the technology of Europe.

By the 1800’s, Roma Australlium Terras was a first world power on par with any other power. It lost land along the north as Europeans tried to come, but an alliance of natives and Romans were able to send them back to Europe. They were less successful inland and the independent nation of Louisiana was established, but relations have been peaceful.

10. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

@Kiwitt-Oh well. I tried :p

11. kiwitt

Still 10 days or so 'til the main thread is posted. A lot can change in that time. But I don't think everyone will be Rome. But if they are, I will definitely call it.

Iron and Blood 3: Rapbid Rome

12. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

I hereby declare this game The Game of Romes.

13. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

I second that movement.

EDIT: How many do we have now? We could have the War of Five Romes :p

14. kiwitt

Your vote will count if you join as Rome :D

15. kiwitt

16. Tambien

This whole Romespam thing has ruined the game for me. At least me, Droopy, and Christos tried to make ours make sense. The rest of the name changes making no sense was just... Annoying best describes it I guess.

Bye.

17. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

I have decided that by some reason, a Roman noble escaped into what is now the Russian Federation, and lays claim to the throne of Rome.

So, now I am playing as the Roman Russian Federation.

EDIT: History of why in Jupiter's name there is a Roman noble in Russia to come Wednesday (or later tomorrow if I feel like it).

18. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Yeah, it did get out of hand. I'm fixing mine.

19. Tambien

^And yet another example. (brfc)

20. DroopyTofu

I have a story and my only other alternative is a basic America which is, IMO, more boring than a Roman colony. If people have good stories, then I think this can be a fun game. Otherwise, I kinda agree with Tambien. I'm staying in the game, but please make your stories interesting and maybe even cross compatible.