Iron and Blood 5

On America: I like the idea of religious mixing, to respect the economic conditions that bought Columbus's venture and to allow some great fun.

Imagin a Malian funded venture! :D

Maybe I should write one. Betcha I can do 17 A4 pages by myself. :3

Is Germany free ... I did not see a claim in the thread.

oops ... missed that.

Can I join as the ...
The Libyan Empire
Spoiler :

Another area of the world I need to research ;)

Have we got a Social Group yet?

If I can join, I'd like to build my embassy and history in there as opposed to in the thread.

Brief history of China

Spoiler :
China has probably been manufacturing a good deal of the world's supply of briefs since some time during the 20th century. They never really got back into boxers after the British killed all of them, though.

Following the Ottoman loss at the Battle of Navarino,

the new captain of the largest "Ship of the Line" in the World built 2 years after,

made a course to Libya to boost the morale of the North African peoples. Also, on board was a young man named Abd-El-Gelil, a native of North Africa. When the ship anchored in Tripoli, he was granted some shore leave and decided to visit his home town deep in the Libyan desert. It was there where he found and met Gûma ben Khalifa.

Gûma ben Khalifa was an idealist and wanted to unite the North African provinces. He wanted to end the Ottoman rule and forge a strong independent Empire. Abd-El-Gelil discussed plans on how best to achieve this, and he was able to convince Gûma, that it would be best to make it a people's revolt and once support is gained for the movement, and Empire could be formed.

Abd-El-Gelil returned to Tripoli and found that he had missed the sailing of his ship and was now listed as a deserter and to be arrested on sight and tried. He then escaped the city with help from a few compatriots and made his way back into the desert, to consider his next move.

Now back in the desert, he plotted with Gûma their next moves. They decided it would be better if they could start a revolt in one of the smaller cities or towns and gather momentum from there. This they did and for the next few weeks they worked towards Benghazi. When they got their they discovered that the Governor of Tripolitania had been torturing and killing the residents and there was no love for him or the Ottoman's. This was more that the pair could have hoped for and were able to recruit 100's for their cause and in the dead of night an assassin was despatched to remove the deputy Governor of Tripolitania based in Benghazi. When that happened, all resistance in Benghazi fell away.

The Governor of Tripolitania, then decided to make an example of Benghazi and with support of the Ottoman ship, Mahmudiye, providing shore bombardment they attempted to restore control, with his best troops available. This left Tripoli virtually undefended and the opportunity was not lost by the duo, who sent a force from deep in the desert to Tripoli and soon had the Governor holed up in his palace. Meanwhile word spread throughout Libya that a people's revolt was spreading and many 1,000's had now joined the cause.

The Governor surrendered, and his harem was freed to great joy to their families, who welcomed them back. The Governor was then told, you could either face a people's trial here or return to Istanbul. He took the latter and was given a passage on the Mahmudiye. Pockets of resistance continued for about another two years but by 1831 it was all but over.

The Libyan people were so pleased to be free of the Ottomans's they appointed Gûma ben Khalifa as their new leader. He immediately set about setting up a new government and made the young Abd-El-Gelil Prime Minister and instructed him to form a cabinet from the best people he could find. At their very first meeting they decided in honour of the leadership of Gûma ben Khalifa, had shown that he be conferred the title of "Most Supreme Emperor of Libya" and so the Libyan Empire was born.

Just a heads up, I am not completely sure but I think based on the other regional histories such as mine, the Ottoman empire had fallen a few decades earlier.

Im sure TK will reconcile it all somehow.

oops ... missed that.

Can I join as the ...
The Libyan Empire
Spoiler :

Another area of the world I need to research ;)

I'm sorry, I cannot let such ugly borders, drawn in total defiance of geography and all things holy, stand.

God imposes new borders on Libya and the Caliphate

And yeah, the history of Libya is a bit out of sync with the rest of the world at the moment.

And yeah, the history of Libya is a bit out of sync with the rest of the world at the moment.
Feel free to make the changes you require. I am pleased to be in this all the same.

I am quite happy if you make any changes to the history, so long as you keep the two protaganists - Prime Minister Abd-El-Gelil and Emperor Gûma ben Khalifa a part of it. They will be key players in my upcoming game narrative.

I am pleased with the inclusion of Egypt into my borders as this will expand the options of a new narrative, with ancient ruins re-discovered.

The middle east and North Africa are going to be interesting considering the profusion of players in aforesaid regions.

The World in 1648

Spoiler :

Up until this point the course of history is similar to OTL, with small but significant differences here and there.
- Chinese cultural influence is much stronger in Southeast Asia
- the Ottomans are stronger, and owns Granada (after a brief Castilian conquest)
- Burgundy-Lotharingia is the main power in Western Europe instead of France
- Martin Luthur was burnt at the stake and the Reformation resulted in a reformed, more militant Catholic Church
- A reformist variety of Islam gradually took shape on the Crimean frontier, with the Queen of Sweden, anxious to distance her kingdom from Rome, took a great interest in.
- European diseases did not kill as many American Indians, and the Incas still survive.
- Sometime before this, the Pope consolidated the different European trading operations in the Indian Ocean as the "East India Company". The EIC operations were initially dominated by the Portuguese, but soon English and French traders became more prominent.
- And of course there is Crimea.

In 1648 the Seventy Years War began. Also known as the Long Jihad or the Great Crusade, it initially started when the Crimeans attacked the Holy Roman Empire. The war soon widened in scope and intensity and involved pretty much everyone in the world. It ended in 1718, with the Treaty of Malta. It was a peace of exhaustion, and established the current status quo in the relations between Christendom and Islam.

In 1683 a battle killed the Ottoman sultan, sparking a succession crisis; a war within a war. By 1730 the Ottoman Empire was finally at peace but it was much weakened and shrunkened.

Crimea was the biggest winner, but soon realised it was overextended.

The World in 1730

Spoiler :

I was hoping to get Vietnam in that time.

I love how that sounds.

Top Bottom