1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 5

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, Aug 21, 2013.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Ye goode olde Port Hadley. :love:

This post is the only reason that could justify that shape. I therefore approve of it. :p

2. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

Freeport Haldey​

Port Hadley was once the prize colony of Great Britain; founded by the Hadley Family, a cunning and powerful dynasty from The North it was quickly established by the brothers Norman and Timothy Hadley as the center for Indian Ocean trade. As Port Hadley flourished so did the British East India Company who continued to expand their assets in India. However in 1794 Port Hadley declared its independence from Great Britain. Timothy Hadley lead a great fleet of ships owned by the Family and town of Port Hadley against the British set against them however at the Battle of Vizagapatam where the Port Hadley fleet had the British force outnumbered and blockaded in the Indian port the British under a young Commodore called Nelson made a daring and unexpected attack which forced a retreat.
    The land war proceeded better with the East India Company's forces in Rajasthan, Sindh and Gujarat being defeated by the rebels' allies with the Indian Princes living there. Eventually the British decided to cut their losses and declared that for endangering the state and people of Britain that the EIC was to be disbanded. Port Hadley was granted independence and swooped in to take control of the territories left by the EIC. Following independence The Hadley family established a hereditary monarchy that was assisted in its power by a parliament called the gentlemen's council. This council was comprised of the most powerful landowners in the Port Hadley. The most powerful of the families other than the Hadley Family was that of the Laytons. Timothy Hadley declared himself Lord Duke of Port Hadley and Lord Protector of the Freeport Hadley territories. Under his rule the arts flourished as the Family had always been generous patrons. Many of the Lords in the gentlemen's council followed this example and began to spend lavishly on the arts. Opera houses and theaters began to pop up all over Ceylon and the mainland and many artist, composers and poets travelled from the opression of Europe, the influence of Islam and the [WIP]
    Later in 1828 Ti[WIP]

I'd post more but I'd like to know a bit more about the UK, a bit more about French India and a bit more about Jadakal.

Basically, I'm going to pick up in story right were I&B2 kicked ended starting with the disappearance of Lady Elizabeth Hadley, and the rise of the first Layton regime. So basically I'm going from when Elizabeth was on a boat going to investigate the rumours that a Mughal Prince made contact with her lover in Gujarat.

3. JohannaK

Hadley family is the Struans gone wild! :run:

(James Clavell reference there)

4. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

Get out.

Just kidding... maybe

Oh by the way I'll give until Monday for sign-ups.

5. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

Using google to learn what you are talking about I can confirm your statement.

Edit: That was directed at Joan, I can not at this time confirm TK's assertions about the Polish or the locking of the sign ups.

6. JohannaK

TK... hates me. :faint: :cry:

7. Tee Kay

Yes I do. I hate everyone.

8. WhiteRobber

WhiteRobber Twinkle twinkle Wunderbar

If you hate everyone, why don't you have a Danny Donkey avatar?

9. Tee Kay

you

10. WhiteRobber

WhiteRobber Twinkle twinkle Wunderbar

you're welcome.

11. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

My claims have been adjusted in my signup post.

12. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Hey TK you shorted Columbia one space in the political map, i should own all the Lesser Antilles

13. JohannaK

Once again... I wish we had a hug smiley. Or that my internet wasn't acting like a female dog having sexual intercourse, coming and going as it pleases to.

14. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

What is this, World War 2?

15. MaxaTheGreat

MaxaTheGreat Feel Prussian Iron!

The Kingdom of Kongo

Spoiler map :

Capital: Mbanza-Kongo, shown on the map

History: The Kingdom of Kongo had existed for years, first appearing in the 1400s under Lukeni lua Nimi, and from there expanding around the Congo River. Their isolated location in the rainforests of Central Africa meant that it was unknown to the Muslims or Europeans to the north. By the time it was thoroughly explored by outsiders, it was a strong kingdom, stretching from the Atlantic coast deep into the Congo. The kingdom was heavily centralized around Mbanza-Kongo, creating a developed country and a center of trade, which would allow the country to defend itself from threats of Islamic invasion. In the late 1700s, the king Nkanga a Mpudi traveled to several countries in Europe and the Middle East to learn about their cultures and technologies, after centuries of isolationism. After these travels, he opened trade to Kongo's neighbors and adopted modern technology. Many believed this would be the beginning of their culture being overrun by foreign ones, and demanded a return to isolationism. The question of isolationism or interventionism would be the main divider amongst the Kongo people into the present day.

16. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

Al-Jumhūrīyah Al-Zimbabwe

Government: Caliphate
    Color: Olive Green
    Capital: Great Zimbabwe
    Leader: Caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah
    Religion: Islam
    Currency: Ducats
    Main Export: Salt, Precious Metals, Food, Ivory....
    Description: The Great Zimbabwian Empire that has existed since the 6th century under the Mapungubwe dynasty. Around the 10th century the great Prince as he was referred to, Rusvingo II of Mapungubwe broke into Swahili land reaching the coast. The Kingdom was soon overrun by merchants and explorers from the Arab world. They brought many inventions and ideas but most notably the word of God. The first King to convert to islam was Dehwe Mupunzagutu in 1440. His son went back to the old god Mwari and thus started a civil war between the Nobility. The war ended in 1479 with the Mwari followers being vanquished. The dynasty of Mapungubwe was on the verge of extinction when the nobility chose a noble with Arabic roots, whose ancestors were wealthy merchants and that married all the way up to the royal family. He took the title of Caliph and in 1480 was crowned Caliph of Zimbabwe. The nobility remains of Arabic descent as can be seen by the use of Arabic instead of the native Shona language which is dying out.
    National Goals: Reach the Cape

Geography

Borders: Kongo

Climate: Diverse

Terrain: Savannah

Natural Resources: Metals, Minerals, Wood, Abundant land....

Natural Hazards: Drought and Malaria

Geography Note: Marshy and lots of Rivers

People

Population: 10,254,335

Population Growth: Currently 5%

Nationality:

noun: Zimbabwean(s)
    adjective: Zimbabwean

Ethnic groups: Shona 73%, Arabs 22%, Mixed 5%

Religions: -| |- Muslim 88%, Mwari 10%, Other Animist/Shaminist 2%

Official Language: Arab

Government

Country Name:

conventional long form: Al-Jumhūrīyah Al-Zimbabwe
    conventional short form: Al-Zimbabwe
    local long form: Zimbabwe
    local short form: Mutapa

Government type:
    Caliphate

Capital: Great Zimbabwe

Administrative divisions: Into Emirates:

National holiday: -| |-

Legal System: Sharia

Economy

Economy - overview: No interest, completely based on Sharia law.

Exports: Metals, Minerals, Crafts, Ivory.....

Imports: Spices, Textiles, Luxury goods....

Currency: Ducat

Military

Military branches: Army and Navy

Military service age and obligation: Males over 16 receive necessary training over the course of 1 year.

Transnational Issues -| |-

Spoiler :

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Why? To hurt your eyes of course :p

At any rate, I am increasingly of the mind that I lack the commitment or time to play this game. I haven't made a final outcome (the day still lives), but do not be surprised if Italia Irredenta remains unoccupied.

18. Tee Kay

That's because you get 20 claims not 21

19. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

oh you are correct, i miscounted, I am sorry, however just pointing out, me and BILLSIF already talked about this, he also accidentally did 21 provinces, in his original sign up, he changed them after i informed him that over PM, but the current world map does not have his claim change and he still has 21 provinces.

20. Tee Kay

Nedim has 12 provinces T_T

TWENTY CLAIMS PEOPLE! TWENTY!