1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 7

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, Mar 30, 2014.

1. WhiteRobber

WhiteRobber Twinkle twinkle Wunderbar

2. Popcornlord

Popcornlord Steampunk Mechanic

The Imperial Shogunate
    Capital: Kyoto, Japan
    Government: Empire
    Spoiler Flag :

In 1680, Shogun Tokugawa Ietsuna died without a proper heir. Members of the Tokugawa clan supported Ietsuna's younger brother, Tsunayoshi, to succeed his post, while one of Ietsuna's advisors, Sakai Tadakiyo, and his supporters tried to give the throne to a member of the Imperial bloodline. Many enemies of the Tokugawa clan quickly voiced support for Sakai. Tsunayoshi named himself Shogun regardless, leading to the brief but fierce Shōkei War. The pro-Imperial faction eventually won, leading Prince Osahito to succeed as shogun. His line would later be known as the Imperial Shogunate.

For the next 150 years, the strong influence over the Shoguns lead to a gradual restoration of Imperial powers. The success of Emperor Reigen in the Shōkei War allowed his successors to have a large influence in the Shogunate succession; pretenders known to be against Kyoto's growing influence quickly had their reputation ruined. By 1800, a power struggle had arose; the Shogun who was mostly concerned in military matters, would try to subvertly take power from the Emperor, who ruled the social and economic aspects of japan, while still overtly supporting them.

In the interest of strengthening the power of Japan while simultaneously trying to show the Shogunate as something of an antiquity, Emperor Kōkaku in 1815 revoked a majority of Tokugawa's Sakoku policies, opening Japan up to foreign influences and technology. Japan has since began a major effort towards industrialization. While actually encouraged by the Shogun, thanks to military benefits, there are reactionary parties fearful of what this all means for Japan's future.

-------------------

I've been in NESes before, but this is my first time on an IOT. If the backstory seems a bit unrealistic, I don't mind changing it.

3. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

Claiming Great Plains, More Later.

4. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Californian Republic/República de California/Калифорнийская Республика

Capital: Sonoma/Сонома

Government: Presidential Republic; single-house congress elected representatively (though with franchise limited to men over the age of 25), president elected separately.

Color: Cream

Quick History (Will be worked out in depth later): Russia’s colonization efforts are much larger and take place a bit earlier in this timeline, both in Aleyska and around San Francisco (Сан – Франциско) in California. As a result, Alta California has a large Russian population, and so when the Républica de California declares its independence in 1820 Russian settlers aid the formerly-Mexican citizens to win independence. For unknown reasons they then choose to adopt a flag eerily similar to that of the Californian Republic our timeline.

The population of the new republic is approximately 1/3 Russian and 1/2 Mexican, with the remaining ~17% being approximately 10% natives (largely groups like Pomo and Chumash) and 7% immigrants from other countries (mostly the Federal Republic of Columbia.) Some tensions exist between these various ethnic groups, though the shared experience of revolting has helped to forge a better-unified national identity (especially in regards attitudes towards the natives, many of whom aided in the quest for independence and are largely considered “civilized”.)

Though a relatively young nation, the Républica de California has a thriving economy mostly based on agriculture (farming and some ranching), though there is a tiny bit of industry beginning to appear in San Francisco and Sonoma. Additionally, what seems to be vast quantities of mineral wealth (gold, silver, and copper primarily) are beginning to be tapped.

5. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

The Tribal Federation:

Nickname: TriFed
    Starting Province: Great Plains
    Government: Democratically-Elected Great Chief who controls almost everything. Each Great Chief has one-year terms. He can have as many terms as the people will allow. Minor Chiefs are elected who control their tribe's relations and certain rules. Minor Chiefs will also have infinite one-year terms.
    Preferred Color: Dark Red (like the one in the flag)
    Leader: Great Chief Littler River
    Religion: Various Tribal Religions

History: According to legend, two men claimed to have the right of the title of Chief, but we're fighting over who could have the title. Two missionaries, who were at the tribe's site at the time, told them to let the people vote for who ever should be Chief. From that point on, the tribe elected their Chiefs. Sooner or later, other tribes liked this concept and adopted it. When they got word of this, the tribe that started Tribal Democracy in the first place decided to have a Federation of all the Tribal democracies. Thus, The Tribal Federation was born.

Sometime in the 1700's, one of the Great Chiefs saw how technologically advanced the Europeans were. He made an effort to try and be as advanced as them. TriFed would trade with Europeans for their technological knowledge. The Federation would send their citizens to Europe with traders to study the architecture of Europe. When they got back, TriFed would try to recreate whatever their citizens saw, usually building buildings with either mud and straw or traded materials. The sudden advancement in TriFed made it very popular among Native Americans in the Great Plains, thus spread through the area.

6. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

New Caledonia
    Claim: Central America

Capital: Darien
    Government: Absolute Monarchy
    Colour: MIGHTY DEEP SKY BLUE
    Monarchy: Marie-Charlotte Stuart de Rohan

7. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

D: No Port Hadley anymore?!?!

8. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I am just as shocked. Robert said I&B with Port Hadley always failed. So no more Port Hadley.

9. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

Signing up:

New France

Claim: France

Capital: Lyons

Flag:

History: Same as OTL until 1790, when the French Revolution led to a small part of France to be captured and then peace. War then broke out in 1801, causing the rest of France to be captured. Napoleon is now the president (not emperor), but no wars have been started.

10. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I shall be the Sultanate of Zanj in East Africa.
    Capital: Zanzibar
    Government: Absolute Monarchy
    Leader: Jamshid bin Sultan

11. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

I'll do something for this Friday or Saturday evening

12. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Poland-Lithuania claiming Eastern Europe is in da house

13. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

14. Tyo

Eastern Europe was already claimed.

15. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Nah Nedim changed his claims.

Quick questions about the rules, will we be able to declare war on NPC Grey Minors turn one? Because I want to be at war with New Zealand for RP reasons.

16. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

I never claimed Eastern Europe for Christs Sake.

17. Tyo

5char

18. WhiteRobber

WhiteRobber Twinkle twinkle Wunderbar

Another European cluster F?
    I'm getting tired of these.

19. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

I was wrong.

Also TK I really like the colour you have given my nation, it looks much better than the green ever would. :)

20. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

I expected more players tbh...When does this start?