Iron Dragon

DBear

unbeliever
This is based on Mayfair's fantasy railroading boardgame Iron Dragon. The nations and topography are the same, along with many of the resources.

Map size: 130x66 Players: 12

I changed some of the attributes and UUs and changed the civopedia file accordingly.

My biggest issue for this is balance. Let me know if someone's got it too easy or too hard.

and here's the screenie.

Looks like fun. I'll download it and play it sometime...whenver that may be! :)

Yeah it does look like fun! :) I'll download it, and try it out...

Well, I played up till 800AD this evening. I put 31 civs on the map instead of your 12 (I didn't move too many of your original starting places, though) and loaded up my usual minor rule tweaks (impassable mountains, no cities on desert, tundra or jungle, that sort of thing). I had (and will continue to have) a lot of fun. So far only two civs have been exterminated (Persians and Ottomans) and most civs seem to be either close to or just entering the second era. As usual, I was way behind in tech but the Great Library saved my arse. Is this "balanced"? I have no idea. Here's the screenie, maybe you can tell if it's balanced by comparing territories (for some reason, some civs have the same colour -- Iroquois and Inca, for instance -- so this won't be the most accurate of methods):

Attachments

• Balance.jpg
    Balance.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,939
Looking at the screenshot it seems to be pretty balanced...
Edit: I just realised that you probably weren't asking me...

Heh heh, it don't matter who I was asking. :D

Here's the screenie at 1405AD. Sumeria, Greece, Byzantium and the Hittites have been eliminated. I think the worst balanced parts are due to the starting locations I gave the extra civs (this map came with 12 civs, I upped it to 31) -- the Ottomans, Koreans and Persians really got a raw deal. But that's my fault, not DBear's. (Edit: whoops, forgot I enlarged the image!)

Attachments

• 1405AD.jpg
    1405AD.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,531
Sorry for the bump, but as a long time fan of the Iron Dragon game, I would love to find out if someone still has a copy of this map.

Given the way that the map is designed, I will give it a shot at recreated in from my Iron Dragon game. I can treat each milepost as a tile and work from there. I am not sure how I could recreate the Underground, while the two teleportation bridges might be able to be modded in. I would need help on that though. It will go on my "To Do" list.

Top Bottom