Ironworks???

georgedv

Chieftain
I have read that ironworks is a good wonder. I do not understand its description +50% iron +50% coal and what it does.

thanks

Ironworks is a great wonder,

Off the bat it adds, I THINK +50% production to it's city, than if that city has access to, I THINK coal and/or iron, it adds +25% production for each of those. So, if a city has access to both of those resources the Iron Works adds +100% production to it's city.

If your city has Coal or Iron in its radius, it gets an extra 50% production. If it has both, it gets +100% production.

Edit: Is it conneciton, or in-city for Civ IV? I'm not really sure...

+50% for iron, +50% for coal, no "intrinsic" bonus. The resources need only be connected, not actually in the city's radius.

Iron Works is an incredible wonder. Think of Heroic Epic, but with a bonus that applies to everything and not just military. Very helpful for building those expensive late game wonders. The only drawbacks are the -2 health and the fact that it arrives rather late in the game.

I'm guessing that the modifiers to production stack in an additive way like other bonuses in the game and not a multiplicative way? e.g. forge +25%, factory +75%, ironworks +100% = +200% = triple production rate, and not 1.25*1.75*2 = +340%). So a real city will actually experience less than double its production after building the ironworks, and if that city also has the heroic epic, they will still only stack linearly.

IW stacks linearly with forges and factories just as you describe. I've never put it in the same city as Heroic Epic, but I'd be very surprised if that worked any differently.

From all the modifiers that I've seen they've chosen to make them additive instead of mulitplicative.

cleverhandle said:
+50% for iron, +50% for coal, no "intrinsic" bonus. The resources need only be connected, not actually in the city's radius.

Iron Works is an incredible wonder. Think of Heroic Epic, but with a bonus that applies to everything and not just military. Very helpful for building those expensive late game wonders. The only drawbacks are the -2 health and the fact that it arrives rather late in the game.
I try to put the Ironworks in my city with the Heroic Epic for super fast military production, if I can't get West Point in it first.

Top Bottom