Iroqi Warplanning Thread

Here's the current tactical position:

Popping the hut seems a no brainer. The sixty-four dollar quesiton is do we take out that Iroqi warrior if we get the chance and initiate our Golden Age?

Beyond that what do we do? We have the four immortals shown above moving south (more or less) and two more following that are near Fort Incendiary. Dancing Banana will make another in three turns and Dynopolis another in five turns. We need a plan of attack. Who's in charge of our forces anyway?

Finally, we have two or three warriors acting as MPs guarding our cities. We could use a little more defense just in case.

I think we should strive to get past the warrior and take him out with the two follow up immortals. This will delay GA a little bit, and get our troops closer.

So where should the immortals be sent? We need to decide on a target. Go for the capital or Never Again?

Do we climb the mountains or go around them?

Go around the mountains and find out what is in the East of their country. Pillage a little and then head for the capital.

The Iroqi now have iron connected! There is iron in the west but I doubt that is the one they hooked up. Our troops must look for iron in the east!

Their capital is the top city in the world but is now size 5. They must have built a worker or a settler recently there. Our immortals are skirting the mountains as we do not want our Golden Age triggered just yet. Here's the map:

Head straight for the capital, and try to capture it.

Go straight for the capital and major cities, avoid minor skirmishes and go for their industrial base.

Agreed, we take out their capital and we take out most of their production power. Springfield will be ours!

btw, if we do capture Springfield, should we keep it or should we raze it? If we raze it, we send a message to all the teams not to screw around, and it will show the D'nuts they are done. Of course, some teams might hate us then. If we don't raze it, we could turn it into a city for us, but it will be corrupt as hell. I would suggest we raze Springfield if we capture it.

So we set our sights on Springfield. What are the chances our battle group of six immortals can capture the city? They know we are on the way so they've been able to recruit spearmen for defense. We know they have archers because that's how the valiant Xerxes died. They have iron connected now so may even have swordsmen by the time we reach Springfield. They will also get first crack at us as we approach the city. We have 4 veteran and 2 regular immortals in our battle group, all defending at 2. We must choose our approach carefully. Advancing across flat grassland leaves us vulnerable to Iroqi swords and our immortals would only have a fifty-fifty chance against vet archers. We need high ground or cover.

I suggest we head for the hill shown below and then enter the forest. Notice the contour of the Iroqi borders. There must be a city between Springfield and Never Again.

I agree on said plan. It may not be perfect, but doable.

I like that plan as well. Also, once we find out where that city is in between Springfield and Never Again, we could raze it...if it is not heavily defended, of course. :evil:

I suggest that we look at our combat situtation before doing any razing. If we can defend the city, and it is in no danger of being taken.. then I say we keep it. If there's no possible way were going to beable to keep a hold of the city, raze it.

Here's how things look in the jungle:

And further south we see that the Iroqi still do not want to sacrifice one of their warriors for our Golden Age:

Here's the jungle view. Note that two hp Iroqi warrior is out of sight now:

And now for the southern front. That's a stack of 4 regular mounted warriors with another mounted warrior within reach of the high ground. If they attack they have a 34% chance of killing off our vet immortal in the first attack. They have a fifty-fifty shot at killing the regular immortal the first time they attack it. Since these two immortals are outnumbered 5 to 2 it doesn't look good for them. We have three immortals close by that took to the forest for a little extra cover. These three may have to cross open ground to try to get at the mounted warriors. Not a good thing. We have another immortal in the mountains chasing an Iroqi warrior.

So what do we do now?

Top Bottom