1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iroquois pathfinder in forest

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by saamohod, Nov 17, 2018.

1. saamohod

saamohod Chieftain

My Iroquois pathfinder has the following attributes:

1. Ignores terrain cost as a pathfinder unit.
    2. According to my civ's UA all units ignore terrain cost in forest and jungle. He's stationed in a forest tile.
    3. Has Woodsman I promotion that gives him double movement rate through forest.
    4. Has Trailblazer I promotion that gives him double movement in jungle or forest.

According to all the stuff mentioned above my pathfinder should be dashing through forests like lightning. I can't even imagine how many tiles of forest he should be able to cross in a single turn.
    In practice though he is only able to move 3 tiles across forest tiles.

Funny thing, he actually has the same speed as a freshly spawned un-promoted warrior.

20181117124313_1.jpg 20181117124324_1.jpg 20181117125807_1.jpg

P.S. I've just discovered this bug was mentioned a while ago https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-iroquois.550965/page-6

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Warlord

He is a pathfinder, not a monkey!

chicorbeef, Favorius and vyyt like this.
  3. saamohod

saamohod Chieftain

Why an Iroquois pathfinder can't be a monkey but a Russian one can, despite only having Trailblazer I promotion?

20181117140442_1.jpg

EDIT: Also why can the Russian pathfinder move 4 tiles down as shown on the first screenshot, but can only move 3 to the left (second screenshot)? The tiles should be of equal value to him.

20181117142040_1.jpg

EDIT2: What's even funnier is that after I skip one turn the scout is now able to move 4 tiles to the left instead of 3 the turn before. What's happened? There definitely seems to be an inconsistency here.
    20181117142928_1.jpg

4. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I think was is happening is that the forest as roads feature is overriding the other effects.

vyyt and YukiN like this.
  5. pza

pza Chieftain

there might have been a barb standing 1-4-4 or 7-4-4, reducing the movement by its zone of control.

saamohod likes this.
  6. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

The forest movement interacts strangely with your borders.

Your comparison with a warrior isn’t fair, because the pathfinder is starting outside your free road system UA, and your warrior is starting 2 tiles inside your roads. Nothing is bugging out; you’ve just failed to grasp how the Iroquois UA works is all.

Regardless, why are you even getting trailblazer I on a unit that already gets double move in forest? Just go down the survivalism line

7. saamohod

saamohod Chieftain

Because I expected him to be able to move at least 4 tiles in forests as any other pathfinder with Trailblaizer would do. Alas it turns out that Iroquois can't reach such speeds, that's my whole point.

8. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

I don't think double movement in Forests from Woodsman/Trailblazer I stack.

9. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

They don’t. Double movement is a single true/false value. This is also why double move on hills and forests don’t stack when you move through a forest hill.

The problem arises because Iroquois scout line is the only one that I know of that can get a doubleMove=true for the same featureType.

10. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Iroquois pathfinders without trailblazer do not have 4 moves in forest, nor do pathfinders with trailblazer.

It's unintuitive, and if I hadn't forgotten about it after posting and waiting for any responses, I would have reported it as a bug.

saamohod likes this.