Is a big Asian war coming?

I wasn't making a comparison between the respective alliance systems and power relationships, no.
No, you were insinuating that related factors, that were supposedly around in Europe during the First World War but incidental to its outbreak, are also present in some form in modern East Asia, and that these factors somehow make the likelihood of a jolly regional war to fulfill your juvenile fantasies greater.

I should like to see some sort of demonstration of causation for the idea that 'nationalism' played a major role in the outbreak of the First World War, and a compelling argument for why 'nationalism' did not do this at any other time in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Similarly, resentments are part and parcel of the relationships between states and the way they are perceived by citizens of same; why these resentments might have led to war in 1914, and why they make war more likely now as opposed to any other time, has yet to be discussed. The notion that rapid industrialization is meaningfully connected to some sort of impetus to external conflict - and apparently not in any way connected to some sort of impetus away from external conflict - is farcical on the face of it, but you could at least make a show of trying to prove your point. And if you've somehow managed to figure out why the nearly meaningless buzzword of 'globalization' is intrinsically connected to international tensions that could theoretically lead to interstate war, "political framework" or no (and I have to admit, seeing a self-described Realist talk about international political frameworks is a fairly gratifying surprise), and not the other way around, then I imagine the rest of academia would be anxious to hear about it.

Top Bottom