Is a Turn 280 Science Victory (Standard Speed) still common?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
I keep seeing the occasional comment about bagging a science victory around turn 280 on standard speed.

I know that used to be a thing in older versions, but I find on the current version I can't get close to that. So is this actually a thing, or just a relic of versions past?

I keep seeing the occasional comment about bagging a science victory around turn 280 on standard speed.

I know that used to be a thing in older versions, but I find on the current version I can't get close to that. So is this actually a thing, or just a relic of versions past?

I don't come remotely close to it, whether on Emperor or Immortal. Doesn't mean some people don't pull it off. In my games the occasional rare AI gets it around t350 (only once sooner than that), but more frequently around t400.

I would guess the average is like 380 right now. G has increased late game tech costs a ton over the past year

t400 is a little on the short side, but it's not bad. It's what I aim for. If an average AI can't win science before the game switches to months for turns then I tweak late science costs down.

G

Then you have it pretty much where you want it. If I haven't won as I approach that date, I know I'm doomed.

Top Bottom