Is anyone actually playing with Grid OFF?!

Do you play with the grid off?

• Yes

Votes: 82 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters

LordRahl

The Objectivist
I often see screenshots of games posted, where the person doesn't have the grid lines enabled. I personally find it impossible to play with grid disabled, it's just too annoying when you have a number of identical tiles next to one another - turning the grid ON is the first thing I do when I log into the game.

I think it looks nicer with it off, though I'll often turn it on for some reason (planning where to send a settler, for example), and then forget to turn it off for the rest of the game.

I often see screenshots of games posted, where the person doesn't have the grid lines enabled. I personally find it impossible to play with grid disabled, it's just too annoying when you have a number of identical tiles next to one another - turning the grid ON is the first thing I do when I log into the game.

I always turn it on. I can't play without the grid. Some screenshots of BTS on web, I can't see that. I mean I understand nothing. I hope someone captures BTS with the grid. I think this web-forum is for single-mode players. They dont have to finish the turns quickly. They play a game with AIs. They want more polished screenshots. I don't use 45 degree angle. I use 90 degree to play Civ4. It's 2D screen. That's why I don't need 3D graphics.

Ctrl-R, T, Y

I don't usually play with it on, but it definitely has its advantages. Sometimes I'll turn it on for a minute when trying to do something with a worker, but then it goes back off.

yeah i never play with grids on either, and I never play with 'top down' view - for no other reason than it makes the game look prettier for me & I really feel like I'm looking at some sort of miniature world instead of game 'board' as someone pointed out already.

I think it takes away from the beauty of the marvelous graphics engine.

Learning where the squares are on the grid-less map takes time. I eventually got the hang of it (for the most part), but there are times when I have to stop and mouse over the map, trying to figure out where the dividing line falls.

But yes, the map looks better without the grid.

Grid lines and resource pop-ups always for me. Maybe its a function of my bad graphics card, but the game doesn't look all that great no matter what settings I have so I might as well be able to see the terrain. Jungle territory is especially bad in terms of seeing resources and seeing tile borders without these options.

No grid no resoucre pop up, nice clean view

Don't need it :p

(I can plan the city crosses in my head now ;) )

And i switched them on/off a few times in the beginning but the looks won me over. (Can't stand grid now)

I always turn it on. I can't play without the grid. Some screenshots of BTS on web, I can't see that. I mean I understand nothing. I hope someone captures BTS with the grid. I think this web-forum is for single-mode players. They dont have to finish the turns quickly. They play a game with AIs. They want more polished screenshots. I don't use 45 degree angle. I use 90 degree to play Civ4. It's 2D screen. That's why I don't need 3D graphics.

Ctrl-R, T, Y

I do CTRL T and R, but what's Y???

I don't even know how to play at 45 degree angles. How the heck do you get it to do that? Maybe I should actually read my instruction manual.

PS: No grids, ever.

Grids are the devil!!!
The devil I say!!!
THE DEVIL!!!

**runs off screaming into the night**

Top Bottom