Is anyone else bugged by this?

Aheadatime

Prince
The leaders have a 'resting' animation that is returned to after engaging in diplo, regardless of whether or not it clashes with the tone/result of the aforementioned diplo.

So you click on Monty, and see his resting animation with diplo options. Declare war, he rages and has a new stance. Screen fades to black or something (can't recall right now), and he's back to resting animation despite still being at war.

It's just weird for me.. confusing and nonlinear. Civ5's fluid form of animation made more sense; the posture always reflected the current state of affairs and changed the moment a diplo deal called for it real-time, like a DoW.

Yeah, it is a little weird.

Hojo will draw his sword on you when you declare war. Then the screen fades and there he is again with his sword in sheath. :crazyeye:

Making transition animations between states is a huge work. It's possible it just didn't fir the timeline. Those could be added later, or not added at all - will depend on how it will go.

It is a cut scene so there is no need to return to the resting state. It is just to inform you that something has happened and nothing on your part is required, unlike the screen where he confronts you about your units on his borders. If he went back to resting state it could awkwardly ruin the drama of what just happened.

It is a cut scene so there is no need to return to the resting state. It is just to inform you that something has happened and nothing on your part is required, unlike the screen where he confronts you about your units on his borders. If he went back to resting state it could awkwardly ruin the drama of what just happened.

I don't know what you just said tbh. What I'm saying is that there should only be a 'resting state' when he's neutral towards you. If he's angry or at war, his posture/stance should permanently be aggressive/hostile like Civ5, until you improve relations back to neutral/friendly.

A very Minor issue of even one at all.

Subjectively, according to you. To me, it's pretty immersion-breaking.

Making transition animations between states is a huge work. It's possible it just didn't fir the timeline. Those could be added later, or not added at all - will depend on how it will go.

Hopefully they'll be added later, but I'm not sure that they will. This seems to be a design/aesthetic choice, as if it was discussed/agreed upon early on. I mean the process of creating a leader's image, movements, and expressions seems to be a good time to make sure the animations transition well with one another (if at all). That was probably the time to create such transitions in development.

Yea, i also felt it wasn't smooth, almost a little weird flow of animations.. hopefully they are full on on polishing all the buggy and problematic stuff. But i could live with animation stuff being weird or illogical - it's the gameplay and balance that worries me...tonight i kinda gave a quick look at gameplay video, where ai sell borders, city!!!, luxuries, money for just one luxury! I know it's a month old game version but come on ...

I genuinely fully agree with you!:) It's actually the most immersion-breaking thing for me in the game thus far :( (everything else I either love or don't mind). Compared to the perfect fluidness of Civ 5 in the leader stances, this brought me out of the experience every time I saw it in the videos.

I have assumed there will again be an option to turn leader animation off to save computer resources, and so I have assumed the resting state is what we will see with that setting. It does seem very strange to jump between the two... Also, I don't really feel like I need to be reminded immediately about something that just happened - no new information seems to be given in the static shots.

I have 20+ years animating experience, and the transition between the two drives me nuts!

Every day i wonder what is gonna be the next thing that a few people complain about that i just dont care.

I ve got my winner for the day

Every day i wonder what is gonna be the next thing that a few people complain about that i just dont care.

I ve got my winner for the day

If you don't care then why are you in the thread telling everyone?

Complaining about complaining? :rolleyes:

I think it's just a sign that we need a big reveal soon... Like a full game let's play or something. We're running out of things to talk about so some are starting to nitpick and others are starting to nitpick about the nitpickers. [emoji14]

Bottom line... Feed us Firaxis!!!

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

I think it's just a sign that we need a big reveal soon... Like a full game let's play or something. We're running out of things to talk about so some are starting to nitpick and others are starting to nitpick about the nitpickers.

We'll probably see another civ reveal in 7 hours. I don't think there will be any full letsplays until the press review version will be unleashed and by this time we'll need to know all civs (and leaders).

Fair enough.

I'm just amazed to see some people being concerned about leader animations transition, city names for a civ, armpit hair, debate on wether a helmet is the right one etc.

But i guess, everyone has his own expectations.

Top Bottom