Is anyone else HIGHLY excited over Civ4!!?!?

Excited? To a certain extent, yes
But i'll prefer to wait for a review before making a decision.

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting it. I've been trying to occupy myself with other games and not play Civ3; but, with all the new info on the game, I can hardly control myself! :)

I just can't wait, I check the boards for every scrap of info every day....sad I know

Well, Gamespot posted Gamplay footage 15 yesterday, and I'm not sure if any one here has seen it. (I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so we'll post it here).

Great name, dude.
:confused:
First of all, you are talking to me, correct?
Second, are you being sarcastic?
And third, if you are being sarcastic, I respect you more than I did 5 seconds ago. :king:

Sarcastic. Well, I guess the "7" will make sure people realize you're not the real Sid.:)

Azash said:
Sarcastic. Well, I guess the "7" will make sure people realize you're not the real Sid.:)

7 is the number of perfection, of course I'm the real Sid. After all, I don't have any thing to do here at Firaxis, Soren's doing all the work. :D (that was sarcasm, in case you didn't get that)

BTW, i'm serious about the gameplay footage 15 (as in, the number after 14), I don't see any news on it here.

EDIT: Check that, I found the thread talking about it. :mischief:

I also feel a little unsure about Civ IV but also at the same time so much exciting about whole new system. So 0 + 1 = 0...I'm soooo eager to get it, I'm tickling! :D

icecool said:
I just can't wait, I check the boards for every scrap of info every day....sad I know :crazyeye:

I'm like that aswell! And I bet there's plenty of other people on here the same! I now find myself checking the site every hour for any new screenshots etc. :lol:

Masquerouge said:
I am :woohoo:

It's to the point that I have trouble sstarting a game of Civ3, because as soon as it starts, I go, "why bother ?", and quit :)

Me too. :lol: I hope I go back to it in a few month's time, though.

Like many others I haven't been able to play Civ3 for a very long time now. All the new features, the changes in combat, graphics and hopefully better AI makes so eager to play Civ4. I haven't looked forward to game this much since... well Civ3!

Regarding all changes they made not a single gameplay feature comes to my mind that was not improved from civ3. So, yes, I am really eager to get my hands on a civ4 copy.

OH YES IM VERY EXITED!

(Im getting Chronicle 4 information for the next free update of Lineage 2 now aswell, so its almost like christmas for me!)

oh god i've developed some sort of addiction. i am on the forums all day. Refreshings the topics to see if new screenshots or vids have been posted. i used to subscribe to CivRules' thread but i realized that i don't need email notifications of when someone posts because i'm on the site all day anyways. i've pre-ordered civIV n i'm dying for it to be released already! i still play civ3 though. however, it's kind of in the "good-bye" sense because it's kind of like when you go to college u have fond memories of high school and if u go and visit ur high school again, it's not the same. civ3 won't be the same after i've played civIV.

Aramda Master said:
My computer still has 256 ram, so I can expect a few slowdowns. But.....my dad is going to buy me a new graphics card in October(Geforce 6660 GT). So I am set.

I am very excited indeed. THIS IS WHAT CIV 3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

Depending on the age of your PC you can buy a 256 MB stick of RAM for <$120, usually <$50. :)

512 MB should do you fairly well if you have a P4 anything with this game I'd think.

hclass said:
The title:

Reminds me of words from the mathematician in Jurassic Park II:

"Always like that, beginning, everybody WOW, HA, WO"
(First sighting of dinosaur, very excited)
"then AH, MAMA, PAPA, running for life"
(Sorry I can only recalled to this close, the MAMA PAPA is added by me)

Civ game also like that:
"To begin, WOW, HA, WO, applause, preorder, admire the new features..."
then
"xx%$@!# complaint, urge for patches, ask for refund, swear not to buy again ..."

You Civ comparison only happens when people expect SMAC2 instead of Civ3/4, or otherwise have unreaistic expectations of things not covered at all in previews, etc.

Or those who place graphics over gameplay and whine about how things look instead of how theyfunction.

Personally I think this Civ will be great, so here's hoping I'm right. :)

Pre ordered at Amazon... and after todays screens, showing off the new improved terrain, I am diffently into Highly excited, or is that excitable. Have to ponder that one.

:( I cant handle this anymore.. It started with just Civ3 like some of you guys, couldnt play it anymore.. but now.. 28 days until the game is released i just cant play any game at all. :crazyeye: I guess i have to pass my time reading about Civ 4 :sad: But all this expectations have a good side i guess. Just think about te felling you will get when you install and run the game for the first time. ;)

Top Bottom