Is anyone else HIGHLY excited over Civ4!!?!?

BeefBayford

Going Steady
There are lots of mixed opinions on these boards with regards to Civ4, as is to be expected. Many people see it as the 'demise' of the series and so on, but does anyone else agree that the relatively new direction is welcome?

Personally I can't wait to get stuck into the new 'strength' system (which i think makes combat a lot more realistic). I'm also looking forward to the AMAZING looking 3D graphics in Civ4, which i think will make the game more appealing to play for longer periods of time (which isnt always a good thing i suppose :crazyeye: ). There's so many other things to look forward to besides it would take ages to list them all!

Maybe because I'm a fan of RTS games i feel this way, but I'm DROOLING over the prospect of getting my teeth into this game for the first time and here's to hoping there are loads of people out there who are counting the minutes until it comes out :goodjob:

Im not. But i suspect within a week of it being released and reading the forums (Off topic will be dead whilst every one invades the civ4 forums and plays the game. damn shame it will be) that i will get the civ addiction going.

Right now I am despretly trying to convince myself that I should not get it untile christmas and my computer con run it (I seem to be losing though)

I'm somewhat excited... but frankly look forward more to Galactic Civilizations 2 - Dread Lords. The final Beta is out in October.

Very excited now I've seen the more recent screenshots and read the whole Civfanatic "info known on Civ4" guide thingie and considered how the new/adapted concepts will work. The new corruption model has me very excited in particular and all the new diplomatic options esp. getting other Civs to make peace. Also I think religions will be very cool and useful, AND AND AND AND ;)

My computer still has 256 ram, so I can expect a few slowdowns. But.....my dad is going to buy me a new graphics card in October(Geforce 6660 GT). So I am set.

I am very excited indeed. THIS IS WHAT CIV 3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

I'm very excited, Because I know this will be the best Civ. yet! I know some people think this game is going to be horrible, but their horribly wrong! Some wont be able to change with the times and we will loose them forever, oh well. I believe that for every person lost we will gain 50 new players with new fresh idea's and will bring great new mods to the Civ. world. So I can't wait till Civ4 comes out!!!!!........ :woohoo:

Being a civ fan since the original civivilzation 1, and whatever some others might think, I think that civ4 will be the best version of the serie. Like one of you asid, civ4 is going to be what civ 3 should have been.

I personally cant wait, I have allready stopped playing any pther games so I can totally focus on civ4 when it comes out.

The only reason I'm putting it on my Christmas list instead of buying it day one is that is the only way I can think of to keep me spending way too much time that I do not have to spend on it this fall. :D

I'm pretty sure that I will enjoy this version better than any so far. And I've played I, II, III, most of the mods (including the dinosaur expansion to II), derivatives such as Call to Power, and even the horrible Test of Time. Besides being just plain better, this one has yet another reason to enjoy it. I'm going to enjoy it just to spite some people. :D

Masquerouge said:
I am :woohoo:

It's to the point that I have trouble sstarting a game of Civ3, because as soon as it starts, I go, "why bother ?", and quit :)

I have the same problem :(

Yep I have the exact same problem every Civ release. I couldn't bring myself to play Civ 2 months before Civ 3 either.

WOW, Im not the only one thats having trouble playing Civ3. Every time I go play a game, I find myself looking for the new options in Civ4, unit promotions, religion, civic options............... I just dont have my heart in it anymore, Civ4 has already ruined me!

Masquerouge said:
I am :woohoo:

It's to the point that I have trouble sstarting a game of Civ3, because as soon as it starts, I go, "why bother ?", and quit :)

Lol and I thought I was alone... I've had that problem several times too. I sit down, open civ, start a game, play about 4 turns.... and quit lol.

I just can't wait, I check the boards for every scrap of info every day....sad I know :crazyeye:

The title:

BeefBayford said:
Is anyone else HIGHLY excited over Civ4!!?!?

Reminds me of words from the mathematician in Jurassic Park II:

"Always like that, beginning, everybody WOW, HA, WO"
(First sighting of dinosaur, very excited)
"then AH, MAMA, PAPA, running for life"
(Sorry I can only recalled to this close, the MAMA PAPA is added by me)

Civ game also like that:
"To begin, WOW, HA, WO, applause, preorder, admire the new features..."
then
"xx%$@!# complaint, urge for patches, ask for refund, swear not to buy again ..."

rickb said:
Yep I have the exact same problem every Civ release. I couldn't bring myself to play Civ 2 months before Civ 3 either.

I'm feeling the same way. I'm actually going to play CTP2 until Civ4 get here.

It's pre-ordered on Amazon.

So far I've found each new installment of Civ to improve upon the last (even if each new installment brings new and different fustrations, corruption & border cheating AI). I'm sure this one will also have some things that we'll all complain about, but I'll also keeping playing it 'for one more turn' or 'until Bismark is destroyed'.

Civ3 hasn't been installed on my new computer; I'll just spend my time lurking for all Civ 4 info until its release.

Top Bottom