• Yes it is a choice

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • No it is not a choice

Votes: 67 73.6%

• Total voters

Elta

我不会把这种
You already know :P said:
Asexuality is a sexual orientation describing individuals who do not experience sexual attraction or do not have interest in or desire for sex. Sometimes, it is considered a lack of a sexual orientation. One commonly cited study placed the incidence rate of asexuality at 1%

Is Asexuality a choice?

Mobby nailed it. Why not? Just as there are some people attracted to 'x', there are bound to be some that just are not attracted to anything.

EDIT: Seems I was thinking about celibacy. I am mistaken and I have voted wrong.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation describing individuals who do not experience sexual attraction or do not have interest in or desire for sex

The attraction or desire is not a choice. If you do experience the attraction or desire and decide never to act on it, it is a choice.

edit: D'oh! What Eran said :(

Could be both just like everything else.

edit: should clarify that most likely it is not a choice.

It's not a choice. Orientation is not a choice.

individuals who do not experience sexual attraction or do not have interest in or desire for sex

I have never chosen to be sexually attracted to someone, I have never chosen to be interested in or to desire sex. I have chosen to engage someone I am sexually attracted to, I have chosen to pursue an interest in sex, I have chosen to feed a desire for sex. Never have I chosen to have those impulses to begin with. Nor have I ever chosen to not have those attractions or interests or desires.

Is hunger a choice?

No, I don't think a lack of sexual desire is a choice.* Sexual inactivity certainly may be, but attraction and desire are separate from activity. You don't choose what gets you hot.

*I suppose you could argue that decreased libido from SSRIs and their ilk has a choice involved, but that's really not what we're talking about, is it?

I am asexual, I think. Not sure though. While I will sometimes think, 'That is an attractive woman', I do not think, 'I desire sexual relations with that woman'. Nor do I desire such relations with men, goats, lampshades or even, erm, auto-eroticism. In fact, the idea of sex disgusts me. (Not moral disgust, understand, just regular disgust.) That's probably asexuality, or it might be some other weirdness.

What I do know is that I never chose to be that way. (Given the choice, do you think this is what I would have picked? :lol:)

It's possible most of them are just jaded [or overweight, or both]. But hey, why not for some.

Mobby nailed it. Why not? Just as there are some people attracted to 'x', there are bound to be some that just are not attracted to anything.

How do you make yourself not experience sexual attraction?

You're saying that we all have this option?

In my experience, no, it isn't.

What I do know is that I never chose to be that way. (Given the choice, do you think this is what I would have picked? :lol:)

Well, I sort of look down upon "pleasure" involving the physical senses (smelling flowers, eating chocolate, having sex, etc.). I do not understand why someone would want to stimulate her body, rather than her mind.

How do you make yourself not experience sexual attraction?

You're saying that we all have this option?

I think you misinterpreted VWRC misinterpreting (possibly?) what MobBoss said. I believe VWRC was saying that he thought MobBoss said it was NOT a choice, and agreed - the ball would be in the Prophet's court to clarify if that is what he meant in the first place.

Both Asexually and homosexually are both cases where evolution gets an epic fail.

Evolutionary-wise, the purpose of any animal or plant is to pass its genes on to the next generation and ensure the survival of its line. Asexually and homosexually hinders the goals of evolution.

No, it would make sense for certain individuals to be asexual, they could serve their kin & be undistracted by the slippery slopes of sexuality. Having a few asexual members in each clan makes a helluvalot of biological/evolutionary sense (especially if their brothers & sisters are not asexual). Perhaps hormone mimicking chemicals are causing slightly more asexuality today but a small degree of it seems totally normal.

Both Asexually and homosexually are both cases where evolution gets an epic fail.

Evolutionary-wise, the purpose of any animal or plant is to pass its genes on to the next generation and ensure the survival of its line. Asexually and homosexually hinders the goals of evolution.

If you never mate but your siblings do, your genes are passed on. A gene isn't yours alone.

I have never chosen to be sexually attracted to someone, I have never chosen to be interested in or to desire sex.

Freedom from responsibility is a great thing isnt it? :lol:

Wait till you are older. Then perhaps you will have one of those 'welllll...am I really in the mood for sex....or not' and you choose one way or the other....:lol:

Is hunger a choice?

Can you choose to eat even if you are not hungry? Can you even like what you are eating if your not hungry?

No, I don't think a lack of sexual desire is a choice.

A lot of people dont want to have anything be a choice...that way its never their fault for anything...

Top Bottom