1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Brave New World Easier than other Civ games?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Carnage04, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Carnage04

Carnage04 Warlord

I have recently gotten back into playing Civ V after not playing for some time. I stopped right around when God's and King's was released. I wanted to sit down and play Civ but I wasn't sure I wanted to learn an entirely new game when there was a perfectly good expansion for the one I already knew how to play.

Now, I was never very good. A few lucky breaks here and there and I could get through a Diety game by constantly restarting from a save point and learning from my mistakes. I could beat Immoral maybe 20% of the time....and it always came down to the wire. I usually played Emperor. That was about what I topped out at for Civ 1-4 as well.

Admittedly, I tailor most of my maps to be slanted towards my Civ. I do islands if I'm playing a Civ like Polynesia or Japan. I played the inland lakes map when I played the Aztecs. I just wanted to make sure to be able to use their unique ability.

I started on king and won pretty handily. I jumped right up to Immortal and found that I could dominate on there. I find myself trying to win in some of the new ways (Tourism, Religion) but always seem to end up running away with the game and holding back from a science win. I don't necessarily follow a set plan. Because the AI in this version seems really bad at warfare, I can get away without building many military units. This last game I held off 4 civs for 30 turns. The weakest came after me (Atila). The others came at me like, 3 units at a time.

With most Civs it seems I can just drop four cities down and win by following tradition and then random pathways and dominate, sometimes without even fighting enough to earn a great general.

Maybe it just clicked easy for me because I played a lot in the past, but this expansion seems way easier than any other version of Civ.

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

Yes BNW expansion is very easy compared to God King. This is mainly because AI can select piety policy tree at start and they focus more on religion and culture

3. beetle

beetle Deity

My own quite subjective experience is that GnK was harder than BNW, and I don’t think I ever played GnK at Deity. @BlackWizard gives a good reason why that might actually be the case.

4. claudiupb

claudiupb King

Also the AI will not accept white peace even if it's loosing.