• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Is Bush a weak leader?

Carry on saying "we kicked the taliban ass" if you want - that is easy enough to prove wrong. :)

nonconformist said:
Bush will be remembered as today's Hitler.
Agreed. Though I see Bush more of a King George III.

nonconformist said:
Bush will be remembered as today's Hitler.

not a hitler; while most non americans absolutelly hate the Amero-Roman comparison, its apt here- bush will be remembered more in line with one of two people:

A)Sulla; an opressive dicator who sought to resotr eorder through arsh capital rule, and virtually ocntrolled all aspectecs of Rome through bribes or violence, but keeping up the semblance of on goin republican tradition and proceedure; Sulla came after the very popular, but despisded the by th upper class nobility based parthy the optimates (he was loved by the lower and middle class party, the Populares, and he himself was a man of humble background) the famed marius, who is also famous for having re-orginzaed the Roman army. (this is my personal choice, as the events bush guides through now seem apt to split our nation odwn the political middle ground, and create the oppertunity needed for a charismatic leader to come into power in a generation or so, and potentially push through very, very profound and fundemental changes in order to sweep away the mistakes of the past century.)

B)COmmudus the ininane bumbiling son of Marcu aurelius (as if Bush Sn, could be so compared) who is wholly responsible for bankruptign the empire, and being the mianstay trigger for the crisis of the third century (a century spent in turmoil, but with Rome coming out battered, but alive) and these event would eventually be responsible for the fall fo the empire as a whole.

however, a comparison to Hitler is not apt; what ever bush is, he certinally isnt a genocidal maniac, no matter how much soemone might liek to turn him into one.

Xen said:
not a hitler; while most non americans absolutelly hate the Amero-Roman comparison, its apt here- bush will be remembered more in line with one of two people:

A)Sulla; an opressive dicator who sought to resotr eorder through arsh capital rule, and virtually ocntrolled all aspectecs of Rome through bribes or violence, but keeping up the semblance of on goin republican tradition and proceedure; Sulla came after the very popular, but despisded the by th upper class nobility based parthy the optimates (he was loved by the lower and middle class party, the Populares, and he himself was a man of humble background) the famed marius, who is also famous for having re-orginzaed the Roman army. (this is my personal choice, as the events bush guides through now seem apt to split our nation odwn the political middle ground, and create the oppertunity needed for a charismatic leader to come into power in a generation or so, and potentially push through very, very profound and fundemental changes in order to sweep away the mistakes of the past century.)

B)COmmudus the ininane bumbiling son of Marcu aurelius (as if Bush Sn, could be so compared) who is wholly responsible for bankruptign the empire, and being the mianstay trigger for the crisis of the third century (a century spent in turmoil, but with Rome coming out battered, but alive) and these event would eventually be responsible for the fall fo the empire as a whole.

however, a comparison to Hitler is not apt; what ever bush is, he certinally isnt a genocidal maniac, no matter how much soemone might liek to turn him into one.
You might be right about similarities between Bush and some Roman emperor but I seriously doubt anyone other than you will see him this way.

I see him more similer to the stateman sulla, and to most people educated in Roman history very liklly see the same comparison; but generally speaking, we're not ones to be arsed to into publiclly making such comparisons.

Xen said:
I see him more similer to the stateman sulla, and to most people educated in Roman history very liklly see the same comparison; but generally speaking, we're not ones to be arsed to into publiclly making such comparisons.
And how many Americans are educated in Roman history?
Commudus is my choice.

Top Bottom