1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Byzantium OP?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Meowzer, Sep 18, 2020.

?

Is Byzantium OP?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2020.
  1. Yes

27.6%
  2. No

15.0%
  3. Too soon to tell

57.5%
  1. Ticio

Ticio Prince

Then it should work! As the conquistadors do not trigger Fez's ability, I thought it could only be done through direct conversion!

Does it count when the city turns to the religion by itself? With mere pressure by proximity to a city?

2. Caprikel

Caprikel Warlord

North Carolina, but secretly a Minnesotan
    Play Russia, you'll have much higher faith production so you could use that to keep him from converting your cities to his faith. You'll also get your religion up faster so you could potentially snipe the best religious abilities.

Ticio likes this.
  3. Ticio

Ticio Prince

I just remembered that the Mongols have the ability to capture enemy cavalry!
    I think they can be the counter to Byzantium (the +3 Cs, and the double CS for visibility is nice too!)

4. _hero_

_hero_ King

I believe the reason it doesn't work with Conquistadors is because Fez's ability works when converting foreign cities and Conquistadors are technically converting a city that has come under your control.

I am unsure if it works from proximity pressure. Will have to test it.

5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Spoiler :
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.03.40 PM.png

Insane,
    2 Tagmas can eliminate a Civilzation. And that's only the start. Haven't converted any Holy cities yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2020
  6. Oberinspektor Derrick

Oberinspektor Derrick Warlord

Yes, byzantium is OP compared to many other civs. That being said, I have personally hated the OP walls of GS, and it was really nice to play a game again where I did not have to spend ages (literally) trying to bring a high combat strength city with walls down, and could actually do some conquering without waiting for flight.

CoconutTank likes this.