Is Civ 2 GOTM permanantly out of commission?

WildPony

Warlord
Greetings to all,

Does anybody know what became of Civ 2 GOTM? Was there an announcement anywhere of its demise and if so can someone please post a link to that dialogue? Is there any expectation that the GOTM would be resumed at any point? Is there any way it could be resumed if there were interested parties? Any insights would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

I have been in charge of making and posting the games. In mid 2018, real life took me away and I am sad to see no one took charge when I disappeared.

I am still trying to recover from all of that. I miss Civ2 big time. I am settling in my new place. Hopefully I will set up my old mac/Civ2 machine before long and post a new GOTM, or more appropriately a GOTY as we have not had any in 2019.

Who, besides WildPony, is still interested? Please respond and let us know whether you will be playing if a new GOTM is posted. Thanks.

Thank you kindly for your response Ali in the midst of this busy time for you and its good to know that there is still hope for future comparison games : ). As far as someone taking charge, were any and all players eligible to do this or were you referring to those who were already moderators? It will be interesting to see who else may be interested in playing future GOTMs :p.

Still around here...

Top Bottom