Is Civ 5 still coming?

The Snug

The Civ Heretic
Any word on this? Has it been abandoned?

Still coming.

We've already added 7-8 new civs to the build. Another 3-4 are almost done.

We still have to do things like clean up buttons and icons. The original ETA was Feb 28, but 1st week of March is more likely.

That's great. I'm excited. Thanks for your effort.

Great to see that it´s still coming :) And as always nice new Civs/Leaders. Can´t wait for Gold 5.0!

I really like the idea of eventually integrating the Nature of Man into CIV Gold 5.0, especially since I do want to go up against some of the 'villains' :)

But that old idea of porting the LHs to FPK files and removing redundant animation would be the best thing you can do, since that will significantly speed up loading time, etc. I wish I had programming ability, but alas, my programming was as good as Q-BASIC and promptly decayed.

Anyhow, awesome MOD. I love the fact that there is so much that you can pick from. So since there is George Bush... will there also be a Barack Obama with 'Charismatic' and 'Creative/Philosophical'?

I really like the idea of eventually integrating the Nature of Man into CIV Gold 5.0, especially since I do want to go up against some of the 'villains' :)

But that old idea of porting the LHs to FPK files and removing redundant animation would be the best thing you can do, since that will significantly speed up loading time, etc. I wish I had programming ability, but alas, my programming was as good as Q-BASIC and promptly decayed.

Anyhow, awesome MOD. I love the fact that there is so much that you can pick from. So since there is George Bush... will there also be a Barack Obama with 'Charismatic' and 'Creative/Philosophical'?

Apparently removing redundant animation causes problems with some systems (or so I've heard). We do that with some units but the glitches would not be as noticeable there. I'd love to take a different approach to speed up loading, however.

Thanks a lot for your comments. Obama's not slated to be included at present, but maybe he can be added at some point.

The only other thing I'd like to see is a couple new LHs for some civilizations that only have one...

for example, Armenia should have 'Tigranes the Great' as one of its LH, since the civilization was greatest under his rule (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigranes_the_Great for further info) when it spanned from the Mediterranean to the Caspian Seas.

I'd give him the traits: Charismatic and Expansive.

As for the Ottomans, what do you think about renaming them to 'Turkish Empire' and including 'Ataturk'? He is pretty much the father of modern Turkey.

Anyhow, that's it from me for now. I've played with a few civs... got a ton more to go. :p

Due to "real life" professional commitments for both Fierabras and me, the release for 5.0 has been pushed back to early April.

Sorry folks.

BTW, we need text editors. One or two people willing to write pedia entries shortens the release wait by a week or more (seriously).

Due to "real life" professional commitments for both Fierabras and me, the release for 5.0 has been pushed back to early April.

Sorry folks.

BTW, we need text editors. One or two people willing to write pedia entries shortens the release wait by a week or more (seriously).

Something new, on the "early April" date? ;)

Not to annoy you guys, just asking ^^

hey any news yet? and I was wonder, does it include the Better BTS AI mod?

sorry to bug u, but i was wondering if u have a set target date? i heard about CIV gold on ModCast, and it sounds great, but i don't want to download it and then end up having to download the newest version just a week or two later

Top Bottom