Is Civ 5 still coming?

We have 3 people helping to complete 5.0, but we're all very busy and I can only assure you of my own time. I am working on it every day and I know the rest of the team remains committed.

I can say that we are 85% done - still some tweaks and testing but it's definitely getting there.

You think you could make release it for Warlords to? Would love that, as i only have Warlords.

We have 3 people helping to complete 5.0, but we're all very busy and I can only assure you of my own time. I am working on it every day and I know the rest of the team remains committed.

I can say that we are 85% done - still some tweaks and testing but it's definitely getting there.
Take your time, better late and good, than otherwise.
Besides.. you´re doing this for free, and it´s great work :)

Hi all. Things are wrapping up for completion but we still have a few bugs to kick out before release. With tomorrow being Mother's Day over here, I think I'll have to bump the release to Friday.

Sorry for the extra few days, but given it's been months, what's a couple more hours? :)

Suppose you have a list of everything that will be in the new release?
Can't wait for tommorow. I mean, I can wait. I'm just excited.

Suppose you have a list of everything that will be in the new release?
Can't wait for tommorow. I mean, I can wait. I'm just excited.

I'm at work right now - 8:30 pm - still plugging away. I'm flying solo on this right now and it's simply not done for tomorrow.

What has been added to far? A tonne. :) I'll have a comprehensive list for release.

Today, alone, I finalized the Arawaks, Dene, Inuit, Navajo and Apache, and edited the Sioux, Iroquois and Tupi based on material from Colonization.

I also made some adjustments to the Hittites.

Also done and ready are the Nazca, Philippines, Malaysia, Latvia, Garamentes, Benin, Huns, Lebanon, Palmyra, Timurids, Kitara, Parthia and Xiong Nu.

Leaders done and ready: A boatload, including Akbar, Ataturk, Badur, Cheops, Constantine, Francis II, Gorbachev, Jackson, Meiji, Mursilis, Reagan, Innocent III, Pius X, Smoke Jaguar, Wu, Xerxes, and a bunch more.

LH Art replaced with better art: Basil, Bolivar, Peron, Ho Chi Mihn, Lenin, Richelieu, Cunhambebe, Cochise, Hector, Geronimo, and many others.

The North American Native civs have been realigned. The Dinniheh have been split into the Navajo and Apache. The Uppajut are plit between the Dene and Inuit. Other changes as well.

Why is 5.0 not done yet? Team members with other commitments, so I have to finish some text XMLs then do a boatload of buttons.

It moves forward - more and more every day. And I'm working overtime at a client site right now to do some of it.

Life is too hectic to set a release date for freeware and we don't have a good track record for setting release dates, but I have the next 2 weeks to work on it. So, maybe 14th of june.

Hi guys and gals,

A quick update: the last two weeks have been write-offs for modding, but I got back to it on Monday and have done a tonne - an absolutle tonne of work since then.

Everything is in place and uploaded to the CIV Gold repository on Sourceforge. Now I'm just running the mod and filling gaps for buttons, fixing text errors and art tags.

I'm really stoked about this release. It's exactly what I wanted it to be!

I have a bit more time today and some time tomorrow to continue at it. Unfortunately, making buttons is actually a time-heavy, inefficient process, so that's dragging a bit. I also need to track down a few errors with how some art is failing to display, but that happens in every release.

Thanks for your patience. I really think the end product will be worth it. :D

-Wyz

Hi Wyz, I just started on CG 5 again yesterday. I'll do the LH buttons.

Hi guys and gals,

A quick update: the last two weeks have been write-offs for modding, but I got back to it on Monday and have done a tonne - an absolutle tonne of work since then.

Everything is in place and uploaded to the CIV Gold repository on Sourceforge. Now I'm just running the mod and filling gaps for buttons, fixing text errors and art tags.

I'm really stoked about this release. It's exactly what I wanted it to be!

I have a bit more time today and some time tomorrow to continue at it. Unfortunately, making buttons is actually a time-heavy, inefficient process, so that's dragging a bit. I also need to track down a few errors with how some art is failing to display, but that happens in every release.

Thanks for your patience. I really think the end product will be worth it. :D

-Wyz

awesome - i think the wait will be worth it too. can't wait!!! :D

Hi Wyz, I just started on CG 5 again yesterday. I'll do the LH buttons.

Cool. I got a lot of them done yesterday, but there is a list of LHs not showing up properly and most need buttons:

AbuBakr
Attila
Bolivar (Colz)
Innocent III
Isaza
Lapu-lapu
Mahathir
Marcos
Mihai
Mursilis II
Nakasuk
Pachacuti
Pius X
Sinchi
Wu
Xerxes
Zenobia

That seems like a big list but I'm guessing it's the same tag issue for most of them.

Could you provide a link ?

My search for Civ Gold on Sourceforge did not find it :(

Top Bottom