deleted

I forget the exact root cause, but if you are in Dramatic Ages mode and use a specific policy card (Culture Industries card), and leave it slotted in when you go to the next era where it's no longer available, suddenly all your districts have 999+ turn build times.
Ah OK thanks. I'd heard about it a lot, but didn't realise that was the trigger. Just heard the complaints about build times and knew it was some kind of bug.

I forget the exact root cause, but if you are in Dramatic Ages mode and use a specific policy card (Culture Industries card), and leave it slotted in when you go to the next era where it's no longer available, suddenly all your districts have 999+ turn build times.

Too bad it isn't +999 adjacency production bonus. :D

As to a final patch, wouldn't it be supposed to come with or near the final release, like "Civ6 Complete" or something ?

Too bad it isn't +999 adjacency production bonus. :D

As to a final patch, wouldn't it be supposed to come with or near the final release, like "Civ6 Complete" or something ?

Fairly sure the issue isn't that it scales up the cost but that it makes the production rate go down to 0% towards the districts.

I'm pretty sure there is a policy card in dramatic ages which the AI seems to use which causes them to lose way more cities to loyalty if I recall.

Pretty much all the additional modes need some small balance changes or bug fixes. The monopoly tourism for one.

Could you elaborate?

Currently, the % increase in tourism from having a monopoly is, well... completely busted. A single monopoly can easily get you +150% tourism. That's more than Computers, Tourism and a Trade Route together.

I remember I had a 175-turn deity culture victory because I had a 400% (!!) increase in tourism... from only two monopolies.

You'd have to slash the value by a factor 10 if not more to balance it with other tourism bonuses.

I'm pretty sure there is a policy card in dramatic ages which the AI seems to use which causes them to lose way more cities to loyalty if I recall.

Pretty much all the additional modes need some small balance changes or bug fixes. The monopoly tourism for one.

I gave up and went back to the basic game

One of the other minor "bugs" that annoys me is that there doesn't appear to be a good way to track a players progress towards a CV in the respective screen. All of the other victory types show the progress at a glance, but CV appears to take a bit more working out. Especially with Rock Bands having been added in GS, there's no real way to know where best to "direct" them to in order to potentially speed up victory

If you hear a lot of rocking in your empire and if 3 of those bands bust indie near your capital- you actually might lose all your loyalty and lose your capital for a few turns to another civilization. It seems impossible but it is.

One of the other minor "bugs" that annoys me is that there doesn't appear to be a good way to track a players progress towards a CV in the respective screen. All of the other victory types show the progress at a glance, but CV appears to take a bit more working out. Especially with Rock Bands having been added in GS, there's no real way to know where best to "direct" them to in order to potentially speed up victory

Actually, the answer to that is quite simple. Every time you get a foreign tourist, the civilization that 'gives' it to you loses a domestic tourist. Therefore, the optimal decision is to always send your Rock Bands to the civilization with the most domestic tourists, as that threshold is your victory condition.

I do agree that the "victory in x turns" thing could use some improvements. As it is right now, I believe it only looks at the number of tourists you got that turn, and calculates how many more you need to reach your threshold. However, it's not rare for there to be a big variance in how many tourists you get from turn to turn. One turn you might get 8, the next you might only get 1. And that's not even accounting for rock bands, which can skew it further, in particular if they roll high.

I mostly did but quite liked the industry improvement and found it quite useful, so used a mod to make it impossible to get a monopoly.

I’m on iPhone so apparently Firaxis’s official position is I can get stuffed

This is your daily reminder that Bethesda somehow got mods functioning on xbox. I mean the only thing more amazing is that they got their games to run at all

Especially with Rock Bands having been added in GS, there's no real way to know where best to "direct" them to in order to potentially speed up victory

You direct them to the civ or civs who have the highest number of domestic tourists and present you the highest threshold to overcome - this number is indeed shown in the tab. Rock bands will lure their domestic tourists to you and lower that threshold for you.

We need the Doof Warrior to be like a Great General who adds buffs to Rock Bands

There are loads of things need fixing, but the devs put their effort into idiotic things like zombies so they could do silly videos.

If you hear a lot of rocking in your empire and if 3 of those bands bust indie near your capital- you actually might lose all your loyalty and lose your capital for a few turns to another civilization. It seems impossible but it is.
No, they did “fix” this in a prior patch, so a city will only flip to you from indie bands if its loyalty is in the negative. A city with positive loyalty will not flip, even from three indie bands or ten cultists.

There are loads of things need fixing, but the devs put their effort into idiotic things like zombies so they could do silly videos.

To be fair, the devs don’t set priorities. If they are told to code C or Y that is what they do.

This is probably an MBA issue

Reactions: PiR
No, they did “fix” this in a prior patch, so a city will only flip to you from indie bands if its loyalty is in the negative. A city with positive loyalty will not flip, even from three indie bands or ten cultists.
Does this apply to the capital? I just recall having my capital flip to rock bands but I couldn't figure out how that happened except with the indie bands.

Does this apply to the capital? I just recall having my capital flip to rock bands but I couldn't figure out how that happened except with the indie bands.
Pretty sure. To flip a city, any city, you have to have it start the owner's turn in negative loyalty. That means it has to be losing loyalty anyway because it gets reset out of negative at the beginning of the turn (if I'm remembering correctly). That would apply to a capital too.

I can see why they did it, but it is annoying. It seems like Indie promotion etc is kinda pointless - they only speed up defections, they can't create them.

Top Bottom