deleted

Likely not, considering how long it has been since the last one and how little talk there has been since.

The change in that last patch is widely believed to be a typo, if you want to get rid of it, I suggest using an AI mod.

I read that their last patch destroyed everything by making AI only build science districts.
"destroyed" is a bit over the top, definitely gave Science too much of an emphasis.

I did expect a final fix patch given the volume of changes the last one introduced but it seems less and less likely now.

It can also be changed by messing around with the files.

The AI certainly isn't as competitive tech wise if you do this though. So keep that in mind.

And of course if you conquer their cities you'll probably have to build your own campus districts.

The way it looks like in the file certainly looks like a typo, but I can't help but wonder if they did this on purpose to make the AI a little more competitive. Only problem is their lack of income in the beginning of the game hurts them quite a bit. They take forever to build commercial hubs.

Is there anyway to get confirmation that it's a typo or intentional?
I don't want to cheat. Or exploit a bug.
Is this a bug or intentional?

It's a single player game. What you do, how you interpret the game, what changes you make to the game's code (through mods or even directly if you know what you're doing), what you consider a cheat or an exploit, all depends on you. Do what makes things fun for you. Avoid doing what makes things less fun for you. If the level to which the AI is focusing on science is something you dislike, change it; if you're fine with it, keep it.

It can also be changed by messing around with the files.

The AI certainly isn't as competitive tech wise if you do this though. So keep that in mind.

And of course if you conquer their cities you'll probably have to build your own campus districts.

The way it looks like in the file certainly looks like a typo, but I can't help but wonder if they did this on purpose to make the AI a little more competitive. Only problem is their lack of income in the beginning of the game hurts them quite a bit. They take forever to build commercial hubs.

The AI goes so hard for science it often disbands it’s army

That better be a bug

The AI goes so hard for science it often disbands it’s army

That better be a bug
Plus the fact that it's so out of line with the other figures.

I imagine they wanted to improve the AI by giving it a stronger focus on science, and they had a case of clumsiness, hitting the zero just as they went to hit the enter key without realising or something.

More than one year since last patch. Is it really possible there won't be a final patch? Eg.: the corporations mode AI not improving luxury resources bug never fixed? How can one know if there will be no final patch? Will they announce something like "official end of game development"?

Will they announce something like "official end of game development"?
They did, they had a big party, social media posts, came on here etc. We live in hope they will slip one final one out!

I thought the resources one had been fixed though?

I recall that both Civ 4 and Civ 5 had one final patch shortly before the annoucement of the subsequent game, so I'm hoping this will still be the case for Civ 6, and it'll just fix all the outstanding known issues and leave it at that.

More than one year since last patch. Is it really possible there won't be a final patch? Eg.: the corporations mode AI not improving luxury resources bug never fixed? How can one know if there will be no final patch? Will they announce something like "official end of game development"?
No one knows for sure that there won't be a final patch, but we've heard nothing since they said that Civ 6 was done, so...

[...]I thought the resources one had been fixed though?

Don't think so. I can't remember the last time I've seen them with more that one luxury on the trade screen, which is about the same as it has been since they released the game mode.

I recall that both Civ 4 and Civ 5 had one final patch shortly before the annoucement of the subsequent game, so I'm hoping this will still be the case for Civ 6, and it'll just fix all the outstanding known issues and leave it at that.

One can hope. I'm just a bit jaded and cynical due to their treatment of the game. If they do fix it, that would go a fair distance in reconciliation at this point.

When? I think there wasn't a single patch since last year April.

Yeah, sure, just the outstanding issues, and there is actually not that much. I'm surprised that a game development is ended without fix for a few outstanding issues.

No, someone made a mod that sort of fixes it by moving some of the unlocks for corporations back to early in the tech tree, but a proper fix has not been made in mods, and certainly not in a patch.

Yeah, I certainly don't expect any gameplay changes, but would be really nice to get that "official" patch to fix the monopolies bug, the Culture Industries (Dramatic Ages) but, the AI science focus bug (?), etc...

What's that bug? I've not even played Dramatic Ages yet, so I might not have come across it...

I forget the exact root cause, but if you are in Dramatic Ages mode and use a specific policy card (Culture Industries card), and leave it slotted in when you go to the next era where it's no longer available, suddenly all your districts have 999+ turn build times.

Top Bottom