Is Civ BE as glacial as Civ 5?

Mr.Giggles

Chieftain
Since it's the same engine, did they fix at all the problem of Civ 5 taking way too long to process turns? If its as boring as civ 5 I'm not going to bother getting this game.

The time it takes the AI to do its moves in both Civ V & BE (and for that matter Civ VI as well) is directly related to the total number of units on the map that need moved (including off screen ones)

BE though doesn't have a strategic map view; but presumably BE's orbital view could still be switched into prior to ending the turn for a similar speed up compared to staying in the regular map view while the AI moves.

Beyond Earth processing times are generally a bit faster than unmodified Civ 5 turn processing times, but performance during processing is a lot worse on both of my systems. It seems to me that they've decided to sacrifice stutter-free processing for some extra speed.

Given that games in Beyond Earth generally end a lot quicker than in Civ 5, the average turn processing times are probably quite a bit shorter, because you just don't have that laggy endgame (Which I think is a negative overall, but good for processing times).

Top Bottom