Is civilization 5 over?

ubergeneral

Warlord
So recently they announced the deluxe civ 5 pack.

Is this the end of Civ 5 and now they start civ 6? Or will there be more to come. What is the are you thinking here?

Its been a pretty good gen, but ya, nothing new coming I'm pretty sure. I do hope they do a couple more balance patches though. Diplomacy and tradition are still a bit on the strong side.

civ 6:

even more ******ed diplomacy features

Lets see:
Alexander: i dont like ur capital being near mine
Me: So?
Alex: invades

Yeah, probably is.. They wouldn't call it "Complete Edition'' if it wasn't. Ah a little sad... :(
Everything the game went through these 3+ years... over. But.. It ain't the end of CIV!! So let us not despair, CIV 6 is on the way!!

Will there be more patches for Civ 5 then? I still think there is work to be done with a couple of civs in the game.

Will there be more patches for Civ 5 then? I still think there is work to be done with a couple of civs in the game.
Well, there will be a new scenario soon (maybe on the 4th of february when Complete is released?) and maybe they bundle the scenario with a patch?

And for what it's worth: Civ 4 got the last patch two years after the last expansion was released, so another patch isn't unthinkable.

Well, there will be a new scenario soon (maybe on the 4th of february when Complete is released?) and maybe they bundle the scenario with a patch?

And for what it's worth: Civ 4 got the last patch two years after the last expansion was released, so another patch isn't unthinkable.

Pfew! That calms me down.

I hoped there'd be at least one more expansion pack for Civ5.
I guess it's time to look forward to Civ6, all the speculations we'll have prior to release and of course all the people who will proclaim it the "worst civ game" ever because it doesn't have all the features of Civ5. :D

All of this has been discussed at some length over in the Bison thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=514756

Every DLC released for Civ V has been accompanied by a moderate or large patch. The current public build id is 136260, while there is a private build with an id of 165647. Also, the SDK has a non-public branch called "multiplayerfix" with a newer build id than the public branch.

The last patch for Civ 4 was released at the same time as Civ 4 Complete.

Wait?! Isn't Conquest of New World an already existing scenario? Or I misinterpreted something here? :confused:

Wait?! Isn't Conquest of New World an already existing scenario? Or I misinterpreted something here? :confused:

Conquest of the New World came with the Spain & Inca DLC for vanilla.

The new scenario is Conquest of the New World Deluxe. What exactly makes it "Deluxe" is still speculation. That is requires BNW gives some hints.

Conquest of the New World came with the Spain & Inca DLC for vanilla.

The new scenario is Conquest of the New World Deluxe. What exactly makes it "Deluxe" is still speculation. That is requires BNW gives some hints.

Ahh... Missed that ''Deluxe'' word. Ok, thanks for the info mate. :goodjob:

Well it wouldn't be much of a 'complete' pack if there was more still to come...

Kinda reminds me about the EU3 Complete, that had 2 more expansions after that. But it seems really unlikely that will happen for CiV.

Hopefuly they will keep on updating old scenarios for BNW, and ravamping civs instead of making new DLC.

I'm kind of happy for this because it means Civ VI. I know people will complain about VI but it will probably have more fan-suggested features then V. Hopefully Civ VI will fix America and India's UAs.

I'm kind of happy for this because it means Civ VI. I know people will complain about VI but it will probably have more fan-suggested features then V.

More fan-suggested features? I'd be happy if VI vanilla managed to not strip out most of BNW's additions. The problem with new vanilla versions is you need to wait through 1 or 2 expansions to get back everything that was in the previous version.

Hopefully Civ VI will fix America and India's UAs.

Assuming VI still has UAs.

More fan-suggested features? I'd be happy if VI vanilla managed to not strip out most of BNW's additions.

With Ed Beach at the lead of a new title, I'd be confident that the game design would shine in the same vein that BNW's improvements have added so much to Civ5's gameplay.

With Ed Beach at the lead of a new title, I'd be confident that the game design would shine in the same vein that BNW's improvements have added so much to Civ5's gameplay.
Yes, I 100% agree. Ed Beach has done an excellent job on both G&K and BNW.

Ed Beach, Johan Andersson, and Brad Wardell are my three favorite game designers.

Top Bottom