Is Civilization VI SP for the INFP "Dreamer"?

I'm an INFP-T, whatever that means. A "mediator", apparently.

Civ, across its various iterations, is definitely the game I have played most of, even surpassing WoW which I played far too much of for about three years. I have tried other strategy games but always come back to Civ. I did check out Endless Space 2 during the recent free weekend and got really into that, but I don't think it will ever rival Civ for me.

I did check out Endless Space 2 during the recent free weekend and got really into that, but I don't think it will ever rival Civ for me.
Carefull, my wife and I comes from the same 'civ habits' that you described then followed the 'ES2 seems quite an ok game after playing a free week-end' and I can say that ES2 became quite the contender on the spot of the most liked 4X this past year. It is really a great game.

Carefull, my wife and I comes from the same 'civ habits' that you described then followed the 'ES2 seems quite an ok game after playing a free week-end' and I can say that ES2 became quite the contender on the spot of the most liked 4X this past year. It is really a great game.
I see a lot of Steam hours on that title in my future :) I haven't bought it yet as I'm trying to keep all my gaming time for GS when it comes out. But it was as addictive as all hell. Soon...

INFP here! I got to say this is spot on, I’ve tried a few other strategy and 4X games, but Civ is the only one I play on a regular basis. There’s just something special about it that keeps me coming back for more.

I see a lot of Steam hours on that title in my future :) I haven't bought it yet as I'm trying to keep all my gaming time for GS when it comes out. But it was as addictive as all hell. Soon...
I have 600 hours of civ 6 for 300 hours of ES2 ,my wife has 2K for civ6 and 800 on ES2. Definitely compatible to play both.

Most versions of the M-B test I've taken measure you on ranges from -20 to 20. I think that if you are between -15 to -20 or 15 to 20, then it's a fairly accurate assessment of your personality. But if you are closer to 0 in any direction, then the results cannot be trusted.

For me, INTP is a dead-on assessment. I'm close to the extremes on all four scales.

There are way too many free and so called MBTI tests out there that are not legit which have helped give it a bad name. Also, people assume it sums up your personality. It does not; there are a bunch of factors to consider. Plus, this is, most of the time, a self-reported test which rarely is accompanied with a professional monitored and observational assessment; many of us have a hard time being truly and accurately introspective too when taking the test especially the first time. But the legit test (long version) does what it says it does; it gives you a pretty accurate preference range of the four paired functions of which all of us exhibit some of each, but prefer one (I’m absolutely an introvert, but people are really surprised when I tell them that). The test doesn’t tell you who you are in it’s entirity, (no test will, but it helps; it gives some useful information), but it gives what you prefer especially useful in understanding decision making and communication styles, how you relate to your environment, etc. Now, a much broader and powerful personality asssesment is definitely the Big 5, but even then a trained psychologist would have to see you in action and consider many more traits and factors with you to assess your overall personality.

Also, I’m a little surprised you are a P, but then again I am not because I haven’t seen you in real life action, Clint. Here, I would venture to say you behave more like a J, but then again you might use your J really well. Now, the I & N comes in handy for prophesying for sure!

The test I took was similar. I was pretty extreme on the INF part but was more borderline on J vs. P, all of which made sense to me.

I’m an INFJ. All pretty extreme although I trained myself to use E, S, T, P when I need to, with E and S being the easiest.

And I’m not surprised to see how many INTP’s are here not to say introverts alone, of course.

I am INFJ but I havent tried CK2.

I haven’t either and don’t think I will. I wonder who else is INFJ here.

There are way too many free and so called MBTI tests out there that are not legit which have helped give it a bad name. Also, people assume it sums up your personality. It does not; there are a bunch of factors to consider. Plus, this is, most of the time, a self-reported test which rarely is accompanied with a professional monitored and observational assessment; many of us have a hard time being truly and accurately introspective too when taking the test especially the first time. But the legit test (long version) does what it says it does; it gives you a pretty accurate preference range of the four paired functions of which all of us exhibit some of each, but prefer one (I’m absolutely an introvert, but people are really surprised when I tell them that). The test doesn’t tell you who you are in it’s entirity, (no test will, but it helps; it gives some useful information), but it gives what you prefer especially useful in understanding decision making and communication styles, how you relate to your environment, etc. Now, a much broader and powerful personality asssesment is definitely the Big 5, but even then a trained psychologist would have to see you in action and consider many more traits and factors with you to assess your overall personality.

Also, I’m a little surprised you are a P, but then again I am not because I haven’t seen you in real life action, Clint. Here, I would venture to say you behave more like a J, but then again you might use your J really well. Now, the I & N comes in handy for prophesying for sure!

I’m an INFJ. All pretty extreme although I trained myself to use E, S, T, P when I need to, with E and S being the easiest.

And I’m not surprised to see how many INTP’s are here not to say introverts alone, of course.

I haven’t either and don’t think I will. I wonder who else is INFJ here.

P is probably my weakest number, and I have a lot of INTJ members in my family. So I can have Judgement. But Perception is closer to my core behavior.

Leaving aside the fictional nature of the Myers-Briggs test, I'm an INTJ - the cold, arrogant, back-office dictatorial personality type that inflicts suffering way out of proportion to our numbers.

So anything that saps my energy flailing away at imaginary opponents on my computer is probably good for society.

Most versions of the M-B test I've taken measure you on ranges from -20 to 20. I think that if you are between -15 to -20 or 15 to 20, then it's a fairly accurate assessment of your personality. But if you are closer to 0 in any direction, then the results cannot be trusted.

For me, INTP is a dead-on assessment. I'm close to the extremes on all four scales.

I'm very solidly an NTJ, but sit close to the border between E and I. So I'll say I'm a mix of ENTJ and INTJ; and hence pay attention to what is said about both groups when articles etc talk about them.

So apparently this is why I'm not setting the world on fire in Civ - I should be playing Grander strategy and/or RTS lol
Meh, I'm too lazy most days :D

Surprised to see so many people in here just KNOW about this system, and how they
rate in it... personally never heard of it ;-( Did you all have to get it scored while at school ?

Since it seems to be pretty much a self-test, is there a "good and valid" website where one can try and score himself ? Wikipedia (wisely) doesn't seem to offer one...

thx

Surprised to see so many people in here just KNOW about this system, and how they
rate in it... personally never heard of it ;-( Did you all have to get it scored while at school ?

Since it seems to be pretty much a self-test, is there a "good and valid" website where one can try and score himself ? Wikipedia (wisely) doesn't seem to offer one...

thx

Apparently here but it's 50 dollars and probably more effort than I care to expend on it, haha.

I'm an INFP-T, whatever that means. A "mediator", apparently.

Civ, across its various iterations, is definitely the game I have played most of, even surpassing WoW which I played far too much of for about three years. I have tried other strategy games but always come back to Civ. I did check out Endless Space 2 during the recent free weekend and got really into that, but I don't think it will ever rival Civ for me.
ES2 is personally my favorite 4X game. There are things I love about Civ, but I think ES2 is broadly speaking the better game. :)

I'm surprised by how many INFJ's we have. I'm accustomed to seeing them clustered on more artsy sites. :p Then again, the aesthetics and the RP aspects are what draw me to Civ6 specifically (though I've been playing since Civ2).

I'm apparently an INFJ-A, but I and N are almost even with E and S. I also don't feel like the test is able to capture my personality with those 4 letters (especially with T & F), since I'm very much used to different approaches to working and thinking, switching to whatever is needed (which is quite useful being a creative musician and an ahead-planning and orderly scientist). But hey, it's self-report anyway. And I don't think it should be taken seriously.

Considering the game suggested for INFJ, I do like CK2 indeed, but have yet to crack the 200 hour mark, despite owning the game for a while. EUIV turned out to be my go to game out of the PDX catalogue, so maybe I'm too close to ESFJ after all ;-) And I indeed enjoy a diplomatic game in the HRE more than painting the map in roman colors in CK2. The latter for me really isn't a map painter game anyway; it's more fun to work your way up from count to a middle sized kingdom or small empire than afterwards trying to get as large as possible. Unlike EUIV, where I enjoy map painting as much as playing a diplomatic game, and often enough combine the two.

I once came up with a system that unified the Myers-Briggs test and the big five test with the Magic: That Garthering color pie.

I'm INTP by the way, in case the above sentence somehow didn't make that obvious.

But let's take it one step beyond, shall we?

Spoiler :
America - ESTP -A
Arabia - INTJ -A
Australia - ENTJ -A
The Aztecs - INTP -T
Brazil - ESTJ -T
Canada - ESFJ -T
China - ENTJ -A
The Cree - ESFJ -A
The Netherlands - ENFJ -A
Egypt - INFJ -A
England - ENTP -A
France - ENTJ -A
Georgia - INFJ -A
Germany - ESTP -A
Greece (Pericles) - ENFJ -A
Greece (Gorgo) - ENTP -A
Hungary - ENFP -T
The Inca - ENTJ -A
India (Gandhi) - INTJ -A
India (Chandragupta) - INTP -A
Indonesia - INTP -A
Japan - INTP -A
Khmer - INTJ -T
Kongo - ISTJ -A
Korea - ENTJ -A
Macedon - ENTP -T
Mali - INTJ -A
The Maori - ISTJ -T
The Mapuche - ENTP -A
Mongolia - ENTP -A
Norway - ISTP -A
Nubia - INTP -A
The Ottomans - ENFP -T
Persia - ENTP -A
Phoenicia - ENTP -A
Poland - INTP -A
Rome - ENTP -T
Russia - INTJ -A
Scotland - ESFJ -T
Scythia - ISTP -A
Spain - INTP -A
Sumeria - ENFP -A
Sweden - ENFJ -A
The Zulu - ENTP -A

I once came up with a system that unified the Myers-Briggs test and the big five test with the Magic: That Garthering color pie.

I'm INTP by the way, in case the above sentence somehow didn't make that obvious.

But let's take it one step beyond, shall we?

Spoiler :
America - ESTP -A
Arabia - INTJ -A
Australia - ENTJ -A
The Aztecs - INTP -T
Brazil - ESTJ -T
Canada - ESFJ -T
China - ENTJ -A
The Cree - ESFJ -A
The Netherlands - ENFJ -A
Egypt - INFJ -A
England - ENTP -A
France - ENTJ -A
Georgia - INFJ -A
Germany - ESTP -A
Greece (Pericles) - ENFJ -A
Greece (Gorgo) - ENTP -A
Hungary - ENFP -T
The Inca - ENTJ -A
India (Gandhi) - INTJ -A
India (Chandragupta) - INTP -A
Indonesia - INTP -A
Japan - INTP -A
Khmer - INTJ -T
Kongo - ISTJ -A
Korea - ENTJ -A
Macedon - ENTP -T
Mali - INTJ -A
The Maori - ISTJ -T
The Mapuche - ENTP -A
Mongolia - ENTP -A
Norway - ISTP -A
Nubia - INTP -A
The Ottomans - ENFP -T
Persia - ENTP -A
Phoenicia - ENTP -A
Poland - INTP -A
Rome - ENTP -T
Russia - INTJ -A
Scotland - ESFJ -T
Scythia - ISTP -A
Spain - INTP -A
Sumeria - ENFP -A
Sweden - ENFJ -A
The Zulu - ENTP -A

What is your methodology?

INTJ here, and I’m calling BS... I can see us gravitating towards strategy games overall, but from there it’s all personal taste. I am not touching any WW2 games simply because I find modern history and setting too dull and boring, and avoid the space setting because I legitimately find the neon visuals and synthetic sound design for those games nauseating... Good luck forcing me to play Hearts of Iron or Stellaris.

I mean, it’s an article written by a journalist, without real psychological research and based on a theory that some would rather call pseudoscience. The only difference between this and a horoscope is that Myers-Briggs is more believable as a system...

Swinging between INTP and ENTP, so i should get Stellaris a try too. However, I’d say as well the seccond letter pair less easy to define is T<>F, and as T is mostly for work, gaming INFP is quite fine (probably it is even needed to “disconnect” from the real thing)

thx
I even have a whole book about its history :lol: (it was on Nature's book reviews, and seemed interesting: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06614-8 ). Apparently I'm NSFW, and banned from taking the test ever again.

Despite all its uselessness in predicting anything(quote from Emre's book):
Although the world has come a long way since Katharine opened her cosmic laboratory of baby training, the link the language of type helped forge between self-discovery and self-creation stays intact. Self-awareness remains a precious psychological offering no matter the end, and the painless knowledge peddled by the indicator can seem more appealing than other, more chaotic processes of self-excavation, ones that do not fit neatly into a 4x4 type chart or a four-letter acronym. For many of my fellow trainees, the five days we spent learning the language of type presented a rare opportunity to confront themselves, to speak their truths in a strange but useful tongue. For others, type offered a framework for justifying who they were, and who they would forever be, to others: the decisions they had or had not made, the fights they had or had not resolved, the careers and lovers and dreams they had pursued or abandoned. Despite all the challenges to its validity and reliability, despite all the criticism of its origins and its uses, despite its silly, ironic appropriations, the indicator continued to operate as a powerful technology of the self even in its twenty-first century incarnation.

Yeah Myers Briggs is fun but pseudoscience. Having said that I am INTP and like Civ. I don’t like overly complicated games though. And yes I do recommend Starcraft co-op. Multiplayer is a nightmare.

Top Bottom