Is Crossbow the new MP favorite unit ?

KiffeLesBiffles

Do you like dogs?
Is it me or people are starting to do army of only X-bows ? It seems to be the new fashion in MP league style games.
And, indeed, X-bows are very efficient.

It seems ..at least inmy head like knights should easely take ot a crossbow rush.

But it s a few more techs to get knights then crossbows..? at least if u want metalcasting for workshops before going for knights...

Knights does not easily kills crossbows, at least crossbows on hills. On open terrain, it is different I guess. Crossbows works together much more than any other units, that's why I think they are efficient.

I agree about crossbowmen. They have strong combat strength and can be fortified. Knights take longer to get to so if you go for them you will get torn apart for a while and you will get desperate by the time you get knights- the opponent will have many crossbows and you will have fewer knights.

Hopefully the new Civ version coming soon will change the crossbow's overpowered defensive abilities. Crossbowman have the uncanny ability to survive longsword strikes, and can even do more damage to an attacking swordman than they recieve from the sword. :eek: You are next to a crossbow dude, swing your sword at him, and despite having a shield and armor, somehow you get hurt more than him in the process! :lol: Medieval Cities with walls and even castles easily get reduced to nothing with just a few crossbows shooting at them. Giant slabs of stone are no match for those little wooden shafts with pointy tips.:cry:

To deal with those pesky crossbows... get knights with barracks/armory. Cuz even a deadly knight is not guaranted to kill a crossbow in one attack without special training! :confused:

Double rough terrain promotions will allow the knight to kill the crossbow hiding in rough territory in one shot without losing their own life in the process... :goodjob:

Hopefully the new Civ version coming soon will change the crossbow's overpowered defensive abilities. Crossbowman have the uncanny ability to survive longsword strikes, and can even do more damage to an attacking swordman than they recieve from the sword. :eek: You are next to a crossbow dude, swing your sword at him, and despite having a shield and armor, somehow you get hurt more than him in the process! :lol: Medieval Cities with walls and even castles easily get reduced to nothing with just a few crossbows shooting at them. Giant slabs of stone are no match for those little wooden shafts with pointy tips.:cry:

To deal with those pesky crossbows... get knights with barracks/armory. Cuz even a deadly knight is not guaranted to kill a crossbow in one attack without special training! :confused:

Double rough terrain promotions will allow the knight to kill the crossbow hiding in rough territory in one shot without losing their own life in the process... :goodjob:

The only problem is to get to double promoted knights you need to get to chivalry AND machinery. It takes longer to get to chivalry than machinery in the first place let alone getting to both.

Top Bottom