Is Donald Trump Done for?

To echo a sentiment I picked up on Reddit about the Guiliani interview -

Talking heads need to do a better job of having canned video ready to roll of Trump officials saying things they later claimed they never said. It's hard of course because it's impossible to know exactly what they're going to lie about next. But if you invite someone on to talk about something specific, you should have material ready to roll all about their public statements on that specific topic. And if they don't have video ready to roll they have to be able to call out the liars right there on live TV forcefully.

The one big problem with that, is that eventually, the folks on Team Trump will just stop agreeing to appear on anything besides FOX News where its relatively safe.

However, I will give Chris Wallace credit for calling Sarah Huckabee Sanders out when she tried to float the "3000 terrorists stopped at the southern border" lie.

It was made even more hilarious because she obviously thought she was in a safe space on FOX News and didn't expect to be contradicted so forcefully. Her stammering and backtracking and weaseling was just priceless.

I don't have a problem with that. I think that would make them appear even less credible. (if that's possible)

Remember how we used to mock Trump's citing of online polls as statistically stupid and intentionally deceptive? Apparently it was part of a larger scheme to deceive

Damn Chris Christie... tell us how you really feel...

'Grifters, weaklings, felons': Christie on the Trump White House

President Donald Trump employs a "revolving door of deeply flawed individuals — amateurs, grifters, weaklings, convicted and unconvicted felons — who were hustled into jobs they were never suited for, sometimes seemingly without so much as a background check via Google or Wikipedia," Christie, who was a senior adviser to Trump's 2016 campaign, says in his memoir,

I don't have a problem with that. I think that would make them appear even less credible. (if that's possible)
If they were to appear any less credible, it could cause a tear in the fabric of space-time.

Takes one to know one, I guess. Hey, at least they made it to the show, Chris! I'll add "sour grapes" to your list, kthxbai
Chris Christie will always have my eternal gratitude for that masterclass on inducing your opponent to self-immolate with you on your way down in flames:

"There it is! THERE IT IS FOLKS!" Classic :lol:

The fake news ultraliberal lamestream-media failing Wall Street Journal is running a story that Cohen paid an IT firm to engage in poll rigging on behalf of Trump. As you may recall, Trump's great performance in national polls early on, coupled with FOX News' announcement that they would base their debate invitations and stage placement on national polls performance, was a major factor in how Trump became perceived as the front runner.

Cohen Hired IT firm to Rig Early Polls in favor of Trump

Here is the actual WSJ link but its paywalled so I linked the article posted on MSN above:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/poll-r...firms-work-order-11547722801?mod=hp_lead_pos7
That's interesting. I was just reminiscing last night about how weird it was that he was winning in the polls and we (my friends and family) all sort of thought there was no way the polls would prove accurate, and then suddenly there was just no way to slice it where he wouldn't win the nomination...

Dark days. Or, I suppose, since they were before his Presidency, not so dark.
Ye-es. Yet another event copied from the Bananamerican playbook. E.g. when the pluto/kleptocratic government started propagating poll results that claimed they'd already won the 2015 election (Spoiler alert: they didn't) and even on the same day of the election they were claiming they had won it (see the spoiler alert).

What did Trump call him again? Little Marco?
Correct. Personally, I always liked "Rubiobot" better.
Ye-es. Yet another event copied from the Bananamerican playbook. E.g. when the pluto/kleptocratic government started propagating poll results that claimed they'd already won the 2015 election (Spoiler alert: they didn't) and even on the same day of the election they were claiming they had won it (see the spoiler alert).
Another thing I recall is that FOX never actually explained their methodology. They never specified which polls they were using or what date ranges they were counting or any formula for determining who was "leading" in the polls. Frankly I always suspected that there really was no methodology and their claims of using polls was just a smokescreen for cherry picking polls with the goal of putting Trump on the stage in order to get big ratings.

Unfortunately, the other networks followed suit and once his foot was in the door, Trump began swallowing the campaign narrative whole. If they had used common sense and treated Trump's candidacy like the joke/troll campaign it was, he never would have been invited to any debates and would have remained a fringe novelty. Oh well... gotta play it out now.

Belgian

Damn Chris Christie... tell us how you really feel...

'Grifters, weaklings, felons': Christie on the Trump White House
Christie: "Trump is surrounded by weaklings, liars, grifters, amateurs, and felons"
Everyone Else: "Weren't you once part of his team, working alongside the weaklings, liars, grifters, amateurs, and felons?"

Chris Christie will always have my eternal gratitude for that masterclass on inducing your opponent to self-immolate with you on your way down in flames:
Ah yes, that was the best debate moment I have seen in a long time, if not my whole life. For those who say "debates don't matter", this should prove them wrong.

Correct. Personally, I always liked "Rubiobot" better.
While I always liked "Little Marco", if we are going with the robot theme, I prefer "Marco Roboto".

Also, PBS and NPR have begun to repeatedly bracket Trump's statements as intentionally misleading and false - to the point where they no longer repeat the full statements and add the disclaimer about them being false as has been their standard practice. Instead they briefly state the gist of what he said while labeling it as misleading. i.e.
"Trump has made repeated false statements about terrorists crossing the southern border".

There's a linguist, George Lackoff, who appears on MSNBC occasionally and who has been urging news organizations to do that for at least a year. He says that our minds process a statement more powerfully than negation. So if you just say Trump said X and X is untrue, X is what lingers in our mind. You have to sandwich. Trump told a lie about subject Y; here's the truth about subject Y. But never actually mention the lie. It's a little thing, but I'm glad they've finally jumped on board.

British.

In the original movie, he does indeed intimate that he is Belgian, however, in subsequent movies, we learn that he is actually Austin Powers' brother and was separated from their family when they traveled to Belgium for the first time. Their mother was killed, and he was left for dead in Belgium, to later be found and raised by the Evil family.

Look it up.;)

I think we may have hit peak 2019.
Grauniad said:
Michael Cohen is a sexy pit bull terrier with a fantastic smile, according to a Twitter account that it turns out was started at the instruction of one Michael Cohen.

Cohen – Donald Trump’s former friend, attorney and fixer, now flipper – hired an IT firm called RedFinch Solutions to manipulate an online CNBC poll about the country’s top 100 leaders, and later to run a sock-puppet Twitter account, @womenforcohen, to promote his sexual desirability, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Cohen began his working relationship with RedFinch in 2012, when the company’s owner, John Gauger, helped Cohen set up his Instagram account.

In 2014, Cohen reportedly asked Gauger to manipulate a CNBC poll asking people to identify the country’s top 100 business leaders. Cohen asked Gauger to write a script to repeatedly vote for Trump, according to the WSJ. His efforts were unsuccessful, as Trump did not finish even within the top 100, but it began a relationship in which Cohen would pay Gauger to engage in acts of online deception on behalf of himself and Trump.

In February 2015, before Trump had entered the presidential race, Cohen asked Gauger to manipulate another online poll, this a Drudge Report vote on potential Republican candidates. Trump eventually came fifth, with about 5% of the total votes.

Then, during the campaign, Cohen asked Gauger to create a Twitter account called @WomenForCohen. The account, which is still online though has not had a fresh post since 2016, claims in its bio to be run by “women who love and support Michael Cohen. Strong, pit bull, sex symbol, no nonsense, business oriented and ready to make a difference!”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/17/michael-cohen-paid-firm-tweet-sexy

British.

In the original movie, he does indeed intimate that he is Belgian, however, in subsequent movies, we learn that he is actually Austin Powers' brother and was separated from their family when they traveled to Belgium for the first time. Their mother was killed, and he was left for dead in Belgium, to later be found and raised by the Evil family.

Look it up.;)
Those Belgians, they made him so damn...evil. And of course, they share a border with the Dutch...

Top Bottom