Is Donald Trump Done for?

I'm not sure how much the Iraq War damaged Anericans' trust in government. The Republicans supported it to the end of Bush's presidency, whereupon they suddenly and collectively forgot it happened. I don't think you'll see much reflection and regret from rank-and-file Republican voters asking themselves how such deceit was allowed to happen. They just moved on immediately to "death panels" and "Kenyan crypto-Muslim communist seizes power."

yeah, lying us into wars has a somewhat diluted loss of faith in government because we dont find out at the same time whereas the financial crisis Lex mentioned hit us all more directly virtually over night

I mean these people also think our tepid financial regulation scheme is bad, cuz evil government. So I'm not sure taking the feelings of the most morally bankrupt 25% of the country as meaningful on this front is wise. These people also opposed creating additional money to lessen the effects of the crisis, so eff them.

I don't know if you really remember the protests against the Iraq war, but I'm confident in saying they dwarf any public action we saw in response to the financial crisis. I don't know that people even saw the financial crisis as mainly a failure of government. How many Americans do you think even know what Glass-Steagall is, let alone why it and many other regulations that were repealed over the years permitted the crisis to happen?

I think it probably had a large impact on people's attitudes about banks, but people have long been suspicious of banks. I'm talking specifically about loss of faith in public institutions. People having zero trust in banks and financial institutions is a good thing anyway.

I mean these people also think our tepid financial regulation scheme is bad, cuz evil government. So I'm not sure taking the feelings of the most morally bankrupt 25% of the country as meaningful on this front is wise. These people also opposed creating additional money to lessen the effects of the crisis, so eff them.

I don't know if you really remember the protests against the Iraq war, but I'm confident in saying they dwarf any public action we saw in response to the financial crisis. I don't know that people even saw the financial crisis as mainly a failure of government. How many Americans do you think even know what Glass-Steagall is, let alone why it and many other regulations that were repealed over the years permitted the crisis to happen?

I think it probably had a large impact on people's attitudes about banks, but people have long been suspicious of banks. I'm talking specifically about loss of faith in public institutions. People having zero trust in banks and financial institutions is a good thing anyway.
I'm saying the damage to public trust in the government is limited when it comes to the actions of Republican administrations, because half the population will automatically excuse or forget the violations in question. Talk to Republican voters about why they don't trust the government, and I don't think Iraq will be a factor.

I'm saying the damage to public trust in the government is limited when it comes to the actions of Republican administrations, because half the population will automatically excuse or forget the violations in question. Talk to Republican voters about why they don't trust the government, and I don't think Iraq will be a factor.
I think the problems is that they get fed Rush Limbaugh every day. He feeds them a steady diet of distrust and hate.

Not half. A quarter, at most.

The Russia collusion story originated in the same community as the WMD story. As a republican voter, were I asked to find a common general thread in the actions of the intelligence community then and now, it is that it remains a self-serving bureaucracy. War (as the left emphasizes) is profitable to specific elements attached to the government, and the intel community is among them. The left was an inveterate foe of the intel community for this reason until the Russia hoax. It was also never as hostile to Russia as Republicans, not since the early 60s at least, until the beginning of Trump's term. And in the 2002-2008 period, it believed in the existence of the deep state by other names, as a general description of the Bush administration and the vested interests in moving against Iraq.

Meanwhile you guys have a serious problem. Public trust in your most powerful instrument of control, the media, has collapsed. You may be willing to automatically excuse or forget the old networks' role in the Russia hoax as a result of being a willing victim, I don't know, I don't speak for you. The internet generates too much information and too much noise for a few journalists to control the flow of information. When left-wing tech companies try to censor their own platforms and purge/ban people they disagree with, the actions are too loud and written in ink. The internet gets it all out there.

Redactions revealed
It also netted $23 million. I say give him another 2 years, a broader mandate, and the authority to indite a sitting president.

Sounds pretty much textbook antiJew. Like exactly with the actors shifted and the merits equally meritorious. Thumbs down.

Sounds pretty much textbook antiJew. Like exactly with the actors shifted and the merits equally meritorious. Thumbs down.

Boomers are some of the biggest supporters, funders and demographics of the republican party, a party not known for its humanity nor it's love or acceptance of anyone the does not for certain criterias, a group of people more than willing to engage in bigoted conspirational theories that overlap with antisemitism (when convenient) and other anti gay, anti people of colour, anti muslim, anti immigrant and anti trans rhetoric.

They also don't seem to have much stock in the continued survival of the planet given their tendency to deny climate change even exists and are routinely against the expansion of social security (unless it involves themselves of course).

So please spare me this pity party, they are pandered to by some of the worst and bigoted snake oil sales people, including the likes of the current president. They are part of the problem that is damaging America, it's future, the well being of it's citizens and the planet as a whole.

ISIS. Get the narrative right.

Oh. Wait. That one's true.

Check the last word.

That fits in this thread. After two years, we conclude that Mueller is trite.

J

George W Bush and the neocons created ISIS. Obama inherited them. What's you point?

It isn't a pity party. I'm calling your screed and you to such extent that you believe it, human garbage.

Predictable, old, moldy horsehocky.

Boomers are some of the biggest supporters, funders and demographics of the republican party, a party not known for its humanity nor it's love or acceptance of anyone the does not for certain criterias, a group of people more than willing to engage in bigoted conspirational theories that overlap with antisemitism (when convenient) and other anti gay, anti people of colour, anti muslim, anti immigrant and anti trans rhetoric.

They also don't seem to have much stock in the continued survival of the planet given their tendency to deny climate change even exists and are routinely against the expansion of social security (unless it involves themselves of course).

So please spare me this pity party, they are pandered to by some of the worst and bigoted snake oil sales people, including the likes of the current president. They are part of the problem that is damaging America, it's future, the well being of it's citizens and the planet as a whole.

I'm not a big fan of @Cloud_Strife manner, but he is right about this generally. The ability to excuse bad behavior by the boomer generation might be much worse then the generation before them. They have certainly left their children in a worse position then their parents generation left them.

horsehocky clings to itself.

Generation mainstreamed feminism. Passed the legislation equalizing marriage. Demanded the creation of social safety nets, was the energy behind desegregation and the civil rights act. But yes, political differences and the blind mentally damaged outlook of youth and those too belligerenrly stupid to grow the f up.

Yeah, when in doubt blame the boomers. Typical.
Then glorify the greatest generation before us while we where the generation that paid for their retirement.

Then glorify the greatest generation before us while we where the generation that paid for their retirement.

That isn't really fair. The Boomers are the ones who turned the political plurality of the US conservative. And they did so for the purpose of extracting more from the nation than they produced. Post-boomer Americans will pay far more for the greed of boomers than boomers ever paid for themselves, or anyone else.

It isn't a pity party. I'm calling your screed and you to such extent that you believe it, human garbage.

Predictable, old, moldy ****.

Funny how you think I'm garbage, but not the old people who believe in the crap I listed in my previous posts, not the old people who hold opinions about minorities that are frankly monstrous, nor the old people who routinely vote to save their own health care whilst wrecking the health care and social safety net of those younger then themselves and certainly not the old people who vote for a party as inhumane as the GOP.

If you don't like what you see, avert your eyes from the mirror.

Boomers have literally voted to make the lives of their children and their children's children worse off and are actively working to ensure there isn't even a planet left to inherit.

Maybe then the younger generations could actually vote and do something about it. Something we've yet to see. I guess it's just easier to blame.

Top Bottom