Is Donald Trump Done for?

And there is an ability to change it which people should be working towards instead of just saying they don't like it. Which is why I keep bringing it up regardless of what it doesn't add. People saying they don't like it doesn't add anything either.

But on the contrary, the first step is identifying the problem, or admitting there is one.

While you think it is incidental I wonder what people would think if it was democrat candidates winning despite losing the popular vote. It might not change what you think, but I think it would for many others.

I mean, I have little doubt that f Democrats were the party of enriching the top 0.001% while basically letting everyone else die they'd have as much trouble as Republicans winning fair elections. What's your point?

But on the contrary, the first step is identifying the problem, or admitting there is one.
That hasn't been agreement on this on my part. I don't see a problem. So no need to identify what the problem is.

I mean, I have little doubt that f Democrats were the party of enriching the top 0.001% while basically letting everyone else die they'd have as much trouble as Republicans winning fair elections. What's your point?
While I agree, that was more of a dodge than answer to my speculation.

That hasn't been agreement on this on my part. I don't see a problem. So no need to identify what the problem is.

Yeah, I get that, that's why it's pissing me off when you see other people talking about what they see as a problem and accuse us of "whining", "sour grapes" etc. Just say you disagree that there is a problem!

While I agree, that was more of a dodge than answer to my speculation.

It wasn't really a dodge though. Your speculation is of limited value because the Democrats don't need to subvert democracy to retain power.

Yeah, I get that, that's why it's pissing me off when you see other people talking about what they see as a problem and accuse us of "whining", "sour grapes" etc. Just say you disagree that there is a problem!
I thought that what I was doing and you have already corrected me on that.

It wasn't really a dodge though. Your speculation is of limited value because the Democrats don't need to subvert democracy to retain power.
I'll concede that. But they really need to just vote since I think they have the numbers.

I thought that what I was doing and you have already corrected me on that.

My point is just that articulating a position in a public debate - "saying we don't like it" - is part of working towards changing it.

The fact that a thread with this title is still going strong just says everything about your mentality... keep it up until 2020; it'll work eventually, right?

Indeed, everything going on has to do with holding China accountable to agreements they have already signed.
Like the one with Iran about developing nuclear weapons?
Good question Tak. Rained again last night. We'll have to take stock in June. Switching what one plants is not generally totally feasible, the supply chain on seed to plant doesn't turn on a dime.
Over a year ago this country had a combination of a) hailstorms b) droughts c) flooding and d) crop prices having halved in a couple years, which led to a deepening of the fiscal and economic crisis. Some of the self-avowed savvy leftists in this forum claimed it was totally the fault of the elected authorities.

I hope I wasn't dippy enough to have waded into that blender. Wouldn't put it entirely past me.

On a high point I had a little bit of 3 decade delayed deja vu listening to the radio yesterday. Prices in the toilet, weather sucking, and a steel union guy from Michigan ecstatic and saying tariffs should go to 1000%. Well, guess I should have figured Assclown wouldn't halfass the echos of the gilded age, eh?

It's the 17th and the water table puddles reformed. Prevented planting insurance(ungh) kicks on June 5th for corn and June 15th for soy.

Is there a situation in which you might lose money from delayed planting (resulting in a lower yield) but the insurers still won't cover you? I'd watch out for that.
a steel union guy from Michigan ecstatic and saying tariffs should go to 1000%
You might have heard of it, but the Trump administration is going no-tariff on metal imports from Canada and Mexico, according to today's news.

Well good then, I think. Best to keep ones friends.

The insurance is based off a percentage of the average of the last so many years. PP is... special.

It almost sounds as if you were in a ‘damned if you do, damned if you don't’ situation. :(

@Farm Boy did you hear about the two Brazilian criminals who own farms in the US and got $62 million is subsidies from The Donald's to help them through the tariffs? Somebody is not paying attention.

The 3/5ths compromise weakened the slave holding class by reducing the slave states population wrt the census, and 2 senators per state strengthened small states which were generally opposed to slavery. Ironically the 3/5ths compromise is cited by people claiming black people didn't even count as human when it referred only to slaves and it was the abolitionists who demanded the 'less than human' compromise. If Democrats were winning elections via the electoral college they'd be applauding it, but since slavery was ended long ago why is the EC abhorrent if you think it was designed to empower slave states?

@Farm Boy did you hear about the two Brazilian criminals who own farms in the US and got $62 million is subsidies from The Donald's to help them through the tariffs? Somebody is not paying attention.

Well its meat packing plant, my guess it is these subsidies are being paid out to everyone in the affected agricultural industries without looking too deeply
Probably USDA mistake

The Department of Agriculture cut a contract in January to purchase $22.3 million worth of pork from plants operated by JBS USA, a Colorado-based subsidiary of Brazil’s JBS SA, which ranks as the largest meatpacker in the world.
But previously undisclosed purchase reports obtained by the Daily News this week reveal the administration has since issued at least two more bailouts to JBS, even as Trump’s own Justice Department began investigating the meatpacker, whose owners are Joesley and Wesley Batista — two wealthy brothers who have confessed to bribing hundreds of top officials in Brazil. Both brothers have spent time in jail over the sweeping corruption scandal.

“Why is the USDA bailing out plants operated by JBS, the largest meatpacker in the world, with a program designed to help domestic companies and producers under economic duress?” said Tony Corbo, a lobbyist at Food & Water Watch, noting that the meat giant reported a net income of $273 million for the first quarter of 2019. Moreover, JBS appears to have benefited from the trade tensions between Beijing and Washington that the bailouts are supposed to mitigate.

A spokesman for the Justice Department declined to comment. The White House referred to the Agriculture Department, which also declined to comment.

because it no longer empowers slave states

"but since slavery was ended long ago why is the EC abhorrent if you think it was designed to empower slave states?"

you left out the relevant part of the question

It almost sounds as if you were in a ‘damned if you do, damned if you don't’ situation. :(

Well, whaddya do. Price supports pay when you have product to sell.

2,000 calories per day per person per how many domestic millions increased by meat increased by exports. That the government is corrupt under Democratic and Republican administrations is no news to the hick who is stupid enough to have principles and think that people are generally accountable. If anything, the USDA, considering it's budget and import, is either staffed by individuals far better than the norm or they're getting away with murder. I'm going to guess it is a surprising amount of the former, and some relatively predictable amount of the latter. It's still at least as important as the military. News at 11, omg dem hicks. Careful who you get your info from. World is full of useless lying pieces of <feces>.

Well knowing you has made me start actually checking the labels/tags/signs to find out where the food/produce was grown/made/packaged (I was already doing that with cars). If I can get "local" I do... if not local but US, then fine, I go with that... regardless of cost... I'm fortunate to be able to make a choice like that... might as well use it... gotta squeeze that camel through the needle afterall... or at least die trying... which I will inevitably do.

Look at that, somehow it's more expensive to buy something grown locally than it is to ship it by plane. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom