Is Donald Trump Done for?

In a sarcophagus the limestone dehydrates the tissue. Even bones are over 70% water and once it's gone you have dust. Bacterial activity is unimportant. In a watertight vault, quicklime would work if there was enough of it.

I've seen my share of medieval stone sarcophagus opened and can tell you that no, the bodies do not turn to dust.

Ok wow, we're doing this then.
With the exception of the translation of the word "sarcophagus" I don't think any of this is correct. For one thing, the lack of oxygen in a vacuum slows decay rather than accelerating it.

As for the effects of lime... that appears to be a common misconception. At least according to this article:

https://bonesdontlie.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/new-morbid-terminology-quicklime/
It's not the lack of oxygen that's the problem with space preservation, it's the lack of all pressure whatsoever and intense ultraviolet light. Things tend to 'outgas' in space which is a fancy of way of saying that solid objects tend to turn into gas and evaporate in hard vacuum. Many materials simply degrade and disappear over time and its a major hurdle with space utilization. I don't think a body would turn completely to dust and evaporate even in thousands of years but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

I have no knowledge of decomposition in either vacuum or sarcophagi though.

Bezos is right about utilizing space for heavy industry but that's centuries off. On the other hand, if we don't have people thinking about that future and actively working toward it, it'll never happen. So he and Musk can dream and push and ultimately may fail but will move the needle in the right direction.

That's discrimination against Deimos. And Clancy.

Doing what? Did I say anything about space?
You responded to a line of posts about space and I had been controlling by space spam but that was then, this is now. This is now a space thread. J/K you know where to find me

EDIT:
Also, in low earth orbit there tends to be too much oxygen. Due to aforementioned radiation, O2 tends to turn into free O which hangs around in low Earth orbit, attacking everything it touches. While it is still very low absolute pressure, there is still a disproportionately large amount of atomic oxygen up there gobbling stuff up. Getting above low Earth orbit fixes that problem but gets you above the Earth's magnetic field which causes more problems.

Last edited:
How about the quarter of a million firearms sold in the US making their way across the border to Mexico and South America every year ?
This is a lot of sidelines to the main event. First things should be first.

J
You are not trying to say that the impact of undocumented migrants to the US is greater than the impact of the millions of firearms on central / south America?

I have no knowledge of decomposition in either vacuum or sarcophagi though.

Decomposition on Earth requires a wide variety of organisms (bacteria and fungi mostly afaik) to actually do the decomposing. Whatever happens in a vacuum it will not be anything like decomposition on Earth.

...while talking about a third term. He really needs to read that Constitution thingie. :deal:

Imagine if Obama had said that, the Republicans would be outraged, OUTRAGED I tell you.
Nah Trump wont be able to keep the economy from imploding, the US is treading water now running a Trillion dollar a year deficit.

Last edited:
Trump is a [censored] moron
Iraq should change its name before its gets bombed accidently by Trump

Last edited:
Republicans listening to Bernie's 160 billion dollar student debt forgiveness: hOw ArE wE gOiNg To PaY fOr ThAt?

I'm annoyed that everyone seems to be calling this "forgiveness" when it's actually a government bailout. I say tell the holders of the student loans to fist themselves and just actually cancel it and not pay them back.

I wonder if the overton window is going to shift left on this issue over the course of the election. Not that I would expect the Republicans to put forward a solid plan but I sort of think they'll be forced to put forward some plan with some sort of relief.

I sort of think they'll be forced to put forward some plan with some sort of relief.

Highly doubt it. This would alienate their Boomer-and-up voter base who think that being saddled with student debt is a righteous punishment for studying useless crap like the humanities or art or social science.

Top Bottom