Is Donald Trump Done for?

He cares more about optics. He's a republican politician. Spending time and energy defending that link distracts from the ostensible goals of his office, in his mind.

(This is also how the political right responds to charges of racism). Theoretically one could vector Republicans away from their constituents if one were deviously inclined.

Keep tapdancing, keep defending a guy who joined, served as an administrator, shared videos on and eventually left a group (but only after he was caught in it) that was essentially the /pol of facebook.

I know a lot of guys that voted for Trump figuring that if he got elected that he would start to act more presidential. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope they remember that this time around.

Gaslight <----- you are here now
Obstruct
Project

Iam suprise he didnt attack Obama for being a Muslim Kenyan as well .... oh wait /s

Trump Accuses 4 Democratic Congresswomen of Spewing ‘Racist Hatred’

Instead of walking back his remarks, Mr. Trump accused the women themselves of using racist hatred and demanded that they issue their own apologies to him and “the people of Israel.”
A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.
“So many people are angry at them & their horrible & disgusting actions!” he wrote

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/us/politics/trump-democratic-congresswomen-racism.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Trump Accuses 4 Democratic Congresswomen of Spewing ‘Racist Hatred’

If he does not back off or retract that one way or another, it will lose him votes.

That statement has the capacity to annoy, setting aside the social justice warriors who will always be annoyed, five different groupings:

(a) minorities
(b) the electors of the four states that elected them
(d) the good mannered
(e) the finicky fact checkers who will note that Trump is 75% wrong about their origins; and
(f) women voters.

I know a lot of guys that voted for Trump figuring that if he got elected that he would start to act more presidential. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope they remember that this time around.
More likely they've found other reasons to vote for him like how he sticks it to the libs and is driving out the illegals.

Actually I think some of the will not vote for him just because they assumed wrong.
Not everyone voted for him because he sticks it to the libs or that he's a racist.

President Donald Trump is going to have to stop blocking people on Twitter (and probably some other people will have to, too):

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2019/...es-government-cant-block-critics-social-media

In a long-awaited ruling, the Second Circuit has found that the replies section on President Trump’s Twitter @realDonaldTrump is a public forum and that the President cannot block his critics from reading his tweets or participating in the forum merely because he dislikes the views they express. This ruling, along withtwo previous federal appellate court decisions, directly affects thousands of government social media accounts across the country. Government officials and agencies who operate their social media accounts as public or non-public forums must not delete comments or block users because the officials disagree with the viewpoints expressed.

Depends on whether they are using their official accounts or personal accounts, but either way it is probably necessary.

If he does not back off or retract that one way or another, it will lose him votes.

That statement has the capacity to annoy, setting aside the social justice warriors who will always be annoyed, five different groupings:

(a) minorities
(b) the electors of the four states that elected them
(d) the good mannered
(e) the finicky fact checkers who will note that Trump is 75% wrong about their origins; and
(f) women voters.

Conservatives in the US aren't all that concerned with many of those issues.

Actually I think some of the will not vote for him just because they assumed wrong.
Not everyone voted for him because he sticks it to the libs or that he's a racist.
Right but I feel like at this point anyone who is going to vote for him is doing it for those reasons. There was some level of plausible deniability when he was first elected but that's long since vanished. I'm not seeing a change in his pole numbers reflective of that reality. The people who voted for him once are going to vote for him again and at this point it is plainly obvious that he is a racist, do-nothing, drama queen derelict. It's hard to see how someone would vote for him in spite of all that instead of because of all that, even if they claim otherwise.

I sincerely hope the people you know are exceptions to this.

Right but I feel like at this point anyone who is going to vote for him is doing it for those reasons. There was some level of plausible deniability when he was first elected but that's long since vanished. I'm not seeing a change in his pole numbers reflective of that reality. The people who voted for him once are going to vote for him again and at this point it is plainly obvious that he is a racist, do-nothing, drama queen derelict. It's hard to see how someone would vote for him in spite of all that instead of because of all that, even if they claim otherwise.

Well they will say that until they are provided with a good alternative candidate.

My view is that Trump will be toast if the USA political system is capable of producing one.

Remember the Donald only got in because Hilary Clinton screwed her campaign up by:

(a) taking victory for granted
(b) campaigning all over the place rather than in swing states
(c) letting herself being seen as the no change and therefore the establishment and Obama third term
(d) failing to idiot bullet her campaign selling points
(e) personalising the election rather than presenting herself as leading a winning team,

The GOP literally can't even bring themselves to condemn Trump's racism, at least they're being honest and upfront about their position this time.

Just incase anyone is unsure of their position it is:

"We don't care about racism and those impacted by it."

Not all I'm sure. Some are just afraid for their positions. They've seen what happens to those that stand up against him. Total cowardice.
But yeah, a good percentage.

Top Bottom