Is Donald Trump Done for?

The DC Circuit Court of Appeals and a NY trial court have both ordered Trump to produce his financial records. If he's been honest, he has nothing to worry about. :)

Last edited:
And a not honest man will still refuse since he believes that's the only way to appear honest. :lol: :lol:

The DC Circuit Court of Appeals and a NY trial court have both ordered Trump to produce his financial records. If he's been honest, he has nothing to worry about. :)

In all fairness, we know this isn't true. Perpetual investigation will always uncover a crime. It's why someone should always re-think their thinking twice when talking to the police or why you always slow-walk any production of evidence. Even an innocent person should resist handing over documents whenever they can.

Congress should consider passing a law saying all future Presidential candidates have to show their tax returns within one month of an election. In 2016, 94% of people (and all electoral colleges) voted for a candidate who promised to release their tax returns. That's overwhelming support.

A Cold War conceit there. And someone from Argentina should know better. Saying that remining under an authoritarian, bloody-handed, and human-rights-abusing regimes that were backed by Western Nations such as the U.S., UK, and France were "free," because they had not "fallen" to Communism, which was portrayed as automatically and universally WORSE. The Cold War was a "Dirty War." There were no "good guys," or "bad guys," at all, and neither side had any higher ground whatsoever. And, many, many war criminals and criminals against humanity came out of it, from the governments, militaries, big corporations (in the West's case), and the bands of solid international criminals, assassins, saboteurs, and terrorists that were the CIA, MI6, Mossand, KGB, and other such groups, as well as the governments, militaries, and secret police of the petty dictatorships propped by in Third World nations by both sides, and the monstrous insurgent militias they both backed and sponsored - high criminals of which only a small, tiny minority have been indicted, tried, and punished for these atrocious, Nuremberg-caliber crimes. So, please, don't confuse the Cold War with bringing "freedom" or a "better way of life" the tormented Third World Nations who had the misfortune of being the battleground, because the nuclear determent prevented a more direct conflict between the East and West Bloc.
Are you seriously stating that I, of all people, see in the US a bringer of freedom?

The more and more I read about the Kurds, the most I feel about their situation. I was already upset by it but now it really hurts.
When Bush was pitching the invasion of Iraq we weren't supposed to give a damn about them. I mean Saddam was wiping them out, it was sad and all but not our business. We were also supposed to protest American soldiers losing their lives for abstract or unworthy reasons in conflicts on the other side of the earth. Our stance on this has reversed now that it's a Trump administration policy?

edit: I have not read any specifics or opinions on Kurds since then, honestly looking for why this has changed

Our stance on this has reversed now that it's a Trump administration policy?
Quite a few people here have been against the US' wars of expansion/aggression/ego satisfaction since before Donald Turmp suddenly became a politician in January 2017.

Which specific reversal (i.e. by whom, on what subject, from what position and into what new position)?

Which specific reversal (i.e. by whom, on what subject, from what position and into what new position)?
this
When Bush was pitching the invasion of Iraq we weren't supposed to give a damn about them [the Kurds]. I mean Saddam was wiping them out, it was sad and all but not our business. We were also supposed to protest American soldiers losing their lives for abstract or unworthy reasons in conflicts on the other side of the earth. Our stance on this has reversed now that it's a Trump administration policy?

edit: I have not read any specifics or opinions on Kurds since then, honestly looking for why this has changed

So why the reversal on the Kurds?
We had a no fly zone giving Iraqi Kurdistan autonomy and security. Many of us cared about the Kurds then and now.

Wouldn't it be ironic if >=30 GOP Senators decided to play a round of golf at one of the President's courses if there was an impeachment vote in the Senate.

6: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the
United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members
present.
https://constitutionus.com/#a1s3c6

Last edited:

The people who went to prison after the S&L collapse weren't "Wall Street." They were mostly small town bankers. The frauds that crushed the S&L industry were predominantly local schemes run by local players. "Wall Street" benefited tremendously from the S&L collapse because it eliminated smaller lenders or made them into insolvent targets for profitable takeovers that consolidated the financial services market into the current cartel monopoly.

That explains why everything got fixed. There was a lone conviction. Musta been sufficient

Make an example of one, and the public are safe from those sort of shenanigans forever.

In all fairness, we know this isn't true. Perpetual investigation will always uncover a crime.
In all fairness, this is not true if the person hasn't committed any crimes.

Top Bottom