1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Donald Trump Done for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Archbob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

The edited transcripts ? The attacks on Twitter against Trumps own appointee ? against Mike pence staff member ? Giuliani whom is up to hes neck in this mess ?
    How bad dose this have to get for you to connect the dots ?

2. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

I cant even connect your response to what I said

3. Tristan_C

Tristan_C Emperor

April 2014 to November 2015, 18 months.
    Hunter Biden Served as ‘Ceremonial Figure’ on Burisma Board for $80,000 Per Month
    During this period for which Burisma's records were obtained, Biden's service to the company would have been to attend 3 such "biannual" board meetings. That sounds like a lot of work for just a measly 80 thousand a month, hope he didn't lose any years off his life in that sweatshop.

I guess I can relate. This is how I feel with these impeachment hearings and the nature of the media's, er, "coverage." There's just nothing in common; almost seems like truth isn't true anymore.

Berzerker likes this.
  4. FriendlyFire

/shurgs
    Cant see Republican corruption, see Democratice corruption under every rock

Estebonrober likes this.
  5. FriendlyFire

6. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

I thought I'd see Republican corruption but got 3 years of RussiaGate instead and Democrats howling because its their turn under the microscope.

7. Tristan_C

Tristan_C Emperor

It took PBS a bunch of paragraphs to admit it, but apparently Ukraine awarded them the contract because they gave the lowest quote.

8. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Yes, I know that you people are living in a universe defined by your increasingly-unhinged propaganda. It's why there will probably end up being a civil war. But I must note that you didn't answer my question.

Azem.Ocram likes this.
  9. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

My favorite is a long considered methodically laid out legal proceeding being handled in the legislative body being routinely called a coup by those sources of propaganda. Basic vocabulary seems beyond them these days.

Azem.Ocram and hobbsyoyo like this.
  10. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Projection all the way.

11. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think that, unless one wants to live in fantasy land, it is pretty obvious the republicans will not end Trump's presidency. So, once again, how exactly is this procedure helping with anything?
    Wasn't it a bad idea to impeach on this specific issue?
    And, lastly, is it mere coincidence that apparently there are/were no calls to impeach for anything which might actually deter bipartisan hideous policies, eg conflict of interest money-wise or getting funds by foreign governments or from projects there? (as in tinyhand tower in Turkey, hosting the G7/8 in tinyhand property or ties to Israel and Saudi) :)

I think this whole impeachment procedure was a great gift to all those foreign special interests, given you now don't focus on actual catastrophic US backing for hideous policies in the middle east, when this impeachment process will die in the next stage anyway. So, what was exactly gained for common people? (cause special interests certainly gained a lot).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  12. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

It's a risk but there's a few Republican senators in vulnerable seats.

If Trump's clearly guilty which he is on tape doing it puts them in a very tough spot.

If Trump loses the election that's one thing, but those GoP senators have to face their electorates and explain why they backed Trump. If the GoP loses the Senate it's an outright disaster for the GoP especially since they went nuclear on getting the supreme Court nominations and they changed the rules.

If the Democrats get the presidency, house, Senate they can do what they like unless it violates the constitution. Supreme Court also rules on very few things as well. If the Dems go nuclear in the court they can appoint more judges as well, 9 is just the tradition it's been bigger before.

And due to GoP changing the Senate rules the Dems can do it.

13. FriendlyFire

Not sure if maths FAIL or reading FAIL ????????
    Or selling off gas and oil rights to the lowest bidder is now somehow good, because if you do I have a Trump university degree and Trump name licensing for sale.

Azem.Ocram likes this.
  14. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

"The President was just interested in fighting corruption, thats our goal fighting corruption in Ukraine this terribly corrupt country. The problem of course with that is there is no evidence of the President trying to fight corruption. The evidence all points in the other direction, the evidence points in the direction of the President inviting Ukraine to engage in the corrupt act of investigating a US political opponent." - Adam Schiff

So according to Schiff it was corrupt to invite Ukraine to engage in the corrupt act of investigating a US political opponent.

The DNC invited Ukraine to investigate Trump in 2016.

15. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

1. I don't recall the DNC asking Ukraine to investigate Trump.

2. The DNC isn't the president. Different rules apply. They wanted to impeach Clinton for lying about a blowjob.

Impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors. No guilt required the misdemeanor is whatever Congress says it is.

Trump's on tape basically admitting it where it's outright illegal to do that. He broke the law, is on tape doing it, and it's obvious he did lol.

16. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

So how many times do I have to tell you there is the principle of the matter. For all your dithering about political reality here the fact is the man breaks the law daily so impeaching is a required matter of course even if Republicans and their favorite little libertarians are okay with his breaking the law every day. This is one case the dems can make to the public about it then so be it, I thought the obstruction was clear, I think the emoluments is clear. As the world turns it will become more and more evident how corrupt this administration is/was and it will be important that people stood against it. Remember all the dems who didn't stand against all that middle eastern adventurism you rail against so frequently? We can;t have that again in ten years can we? I'd think a philosophy guy would be more in line with the obviousness of this.

17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

You do realize that you still are into "middle-eastern adventurism", though. US position to Israel/Saudi and Turkey largely has remained the same since the days of W Bush, and when changed it became even more ridiculous than before. If what you aspire to is a similar non-development with Trump/Gop, I'd say it is bordering on the merely theoretical rather than any substantive change...
    I think the dem party would never impeach on actual blood deals with middle eastern regimes because the US relies on the petro-dollar in the first place and cares next to nothing about ethics or bribes being routine; the rest is just for show or - in this latter case - internal politics with some hope of swinging the election even if the new dem candidate is still unpopular enough to not guarantee a victory by his/her own standing. How exactly is it within US law to allow Trump to profit directly (hotels, other garbage he owns) through deals with foreign states in the middle east? Oh, it is not? Then why not impeach on that grounds? It can't be that it would hinder what is standard practice (albeit less blatant) by all parties.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  18. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Show this and don't mention Chalupa. -.-

19. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

1) Christopher Steele, Alexandra Chalupa... Obama and Biden?
    2) The DNC sent their Ukrainian "investigation" to Obama's FBI to spy on Trump

The rules aint different, corrupt is corrupt.

Where is it against the law to ask Ukraine to investigate interference in our election?

Christopher Steele

20. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Sure because contrary to your opinion most here feel like they cannot abandon the disaster they've made, some believe we ought to finish "the job", others think we should leave. None of it would matter American hegemony would still be part of the scene just like it is in your scene.

No. You have no evidence for this at all. Chalupa tried to get the DNC and FBI to look at it and she was ignored. Of course going through proper channels to have the FBI look into stuff is fine, what Trump did here was personal extortion. That is whats against he law. . .for the thousandth time you hack.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2019
    Azem.Ocram likes this.