1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Donald Trump Done for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Archbob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Chief Justice.

Sorta. The Chief Justice presides over the trial but I believe it's up to the Senate to hash out how the trial will actually work. He can only preside over it after they have already done that.

Azem.Ocram likes this.
  2. Naskra

Naskra King

The extent of the Chief Justice's powers is unknown and untested. What's different this time is that the party on defense holds a majority.

hobbsyoyo and Birdjaguar like this.
  3. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I doubt we'll see a single republican turn if what we've seen so far is any indication. So it really doesn't matter.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  4. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Roberts mostly is there to oversee the trial but presumably he has at least some ability to sustain or strike down procedural rules that the Senate sets if he thinks them unfair or unconstitutional. Thing is that the constitution doesn't lay out the process in any detail so Roberts could claim anything Moscow Mitch does is OK. We'll see. Might even get a SCOTUS ruling if Roberts and McConnell quarrel. I would not expect McConnell to prevail in that though so I assume he wouldn't push back against any rulings that Robert's makes.

----

I did not realize the House inquiry was over. Is there going to be more hearings before the full house votes? Or just procedural jockeying before they vote?

Azem.Ocram likes this.
  5. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Don't they have to draw up articles of impeachment first?

6. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I guess so. Sorry I don't know the process that well.

7. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Why is that a problem? I said what Trump did was self serving hypocrisy and understandable given what the Democrats did to him for 3+ years, but I haven't seen anything impeachable. Just a Schiffload of lies and hypocrisy coming from the Democrats. My position on that doesn't excuse what you did, you're rationalizing now. No, this isn't better.

8. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Your spelling is too good for you to actually be Donald Turmp.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

True. You're still flogging a dead horse that no one but you cares about. Is there any possibility that will get better?

10. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Its funny because the biggest Birther is Trump
    The crap that comes from hes mouth and the bomb he drops on democrats has long laid the foundations for this blowback.

11. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

You dont care if he smears people because he's in your echo chamber, that would change if he was doing it to you. But if he's smearing people you dont like you reflexively jump onto his side, self serving hypocrisy is another trait you share with Trump. This could have been over long ago had he just apologized or acknowledged making a mistake but he doubled down instead of dropping it.

I've seen how you react when you think people are dissing you, just stfu. Of all people to complain about flogging a dead horse, you've been stalking me for years because of a grudge.

And what did Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein do to deserve being labeled as Russian assets or stooges? Tell Carter Page how funny it is he was spied on. This aint about blowback, its just a bunch of amoral people grabbing for power.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  12. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Which would you prefer. Amoral, or Sadistic. Those are your only real choices in the next election.

13. Timsup2nothin

I'm not stalking you. You just keep coming back for more and posting new (or more often repetitious) stupid nonsense.

As to this "echo chamber" bit...if you mean "that group of people who think Berzerker's post is nonsensical BS" it makes for a pretty big chamber.

Pro tip: don't give orders when you lack any authority.

Now, as a favor to us all, head down to the local bar, find someone who is around 6'4" and 270 pounds that has a history of violent crimes, get in their face and tell them stfu...then report back on what sort of outcomes you should expect if you had the guts to behave in real life the way you do here.

14. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

Old Hippy and Birdjaguar like this.
  15. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

the irony is that after 3+ years Uncle Joe is upset that Trump wants a Senate trail... is that because he will be called as a witness?
    or is it that he suddenly disagrees with the appaently overwhelming opiion that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear...
    blimey never saw this coming... :mischief:
    apart from the delay of the long awaited IG report timed to Dec 9th... timed perfectly... coincedence?...
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...oe-biden-to-testify-white-house-idUSKBN1XW01S

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  16. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Two things:

1. The IG will say (from his preview) that there was no political bias in the oversight effort even though one low level guy did a bad thing. It's what Republicans call a "nothingburger".

2. The US security agencies and the State Dept. officials who did testify all have declared that the Biden/Ukraine election connection is nothing more than FSB/Putin disinformation that has been used to undermine US security and favor Russia. It has no connection at all to the impeachment process or findings.

So, don't even go there. Take your Russian propaganda elsewhere.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  17. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Is the accused a Republican?

18. Birdjaguar

Doesn't need to be. The facts, as now stated by the Republicans, exonerate Comey and the FBI.

19. Timsup2nothin

@Old Hippy since you seem to be following Dingbat Don down the path through his stupidity garden would you mind explaining what this "Biden as a witness" idiocy is all about? Witness to what, exactly?

As an example of why I ask, let's create a similar hypothetical. Let's say I send a group PM to a bunch of people that says I have identified you IRL and I'm going to beat your ass. One of them "blows the whistle" by telling the moderators. Now, everyone I sent that PM to, including the whistleblower, is a valid witness, and they can and should all be asked about it since that preserves the anonymity of the whistleblower. But what exactly is there to ask you about? As the potential victim it is certainly reasonable to notify you, as a warning, but since you didn't get the PM what do you have to offer in the way of testimony?

"Senator Biden, what can you tell us about the president's illegal attempts to use a foreign government against you in the upcoming elections?"

"Well, I read about that in the papers, same as everyone else."

"So, you were not on the call with the president of Ukraine when the crime was committed?"

"No, I was not."

"Okay then, you can step down. We need to get cracking since there were about seven billion other people who were not on that call and we need to interview them all for some reason."

hobbsyoyo, Arakhor and Birdjaguar like this.
  20. Birdjaguar

Uh, @Timsup2nothin you seem to have forgotten, first, that Biden is running for president in 2020 and needs to be discredited, second, he is associated with Obama and that's bad, and third, they have no other cards to play. Hauling Biden into the Senate will both look good to Trump's base and it will make Putin smile enough to get him to drop his pants for Trump to kiss his butt one more time.

Flush the turd November 3rd!

hobbsyoyo likes this.