1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Donald Trump Done for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Archbob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Keep in mind, I'm not defending the idea that Trump's statements regarding CNN (etc.) are impeachable. I'm just pointing out that Dore and QZ misrepresented what was said. I don't expect anyone to listen to the podcast, I merely did so out of curiosity, and then I got to learn that Dore and the QZ author are hacks.

I find a series of Trump's statements on this side of the slippery slope of terrifying. He started his campaign with "we should take the oil", misrepresented facts and statistics throughout, and finished it with "millions of illegal voters made the election corrupt". We have sufficient cause to expel him on emoluments, if there was the political will.

CNN is 'enemy of the people', but Putin and Xi get congratulations for winning their elections or being made President-for-Life. Kaepernick gets called an SOB, but Alex Jones get praised.

Your chosen protector against 'the media' praises Infowars and Hannity. His ability to properly defend you from 'the media' is compromised. No, Trump will just lie about media that he doesn't like. That's about the extent of his ability to defend your country from false reporting. Sometimes a narcissist with a sharpie pen isn't enough.

2. rah

rah Deity Supporter

And you have not been able to present any proof. The DOJ report said otherwise. But please feel free to ignore it.

Azem.Ocram and hobbsyoyo like this.
  3. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I doubt that Berzerker is interested in Media accuracy, for profit and bias
    Otherwise he would be bashing the amount of idiosyncrasy, propaganda and lies that the right wing media spews out instead of drinking it in and repeating it like it was the truth.

Estebonrober likes this.
  4. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Dore put out a segment about the IG report

Why is Dore a hack? Was he in on the author's deceit (assuming malice on their part)? Are you a hack when you repeat misinformation? Three years of RussiaGate and now you're upset by 'hacks'.

We got paid to take out Saddam...twice I think. The Arab states have been offering to pay us for Assad too. I think he said we should take the oil of countries we're in fighting ISIS as payment for our service ;);) Why haven't the courts ruled his business is in violation of the emoluments clause? Probably because Presidents might have been allowed to continue running their businesses. I dont think George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had to stop making money off their booze and wine.

How would you act toward them? Would you get in their faces and call them murdering SOBs? The US media was mad at Trump for standing next to Putin and not calling him a liar. Obama bowed to murderers. Did you get mad? Its part of the job, our leaders have to kiss the behinds of nasty people. Our leaders are nasty people.

The media lies about him constantly and the sharpie pen was just one example

What did the DoJ report say?

This is not a right wing forum, that leaves me to bash the Democrat's propaganda. You guys spent 3 years pumping RussiaGate sewage and you're complaining about the right wing media? The right wing media got RussiaGate right, you did not.

5. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

I would not call this a left wing forum either. There is no shortage of right wingers here and lots of centrists too.

6. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

It skews left, there's not really that many right wingers here.

7. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yeah, if you're half an inch right of the left here, you're considered a righty. :lol:

8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I don't think that's fair. We have some very vocal leftists. We also have some very vocal arch conservatives but most of them spend so much time trolling that we collectively ignore most of what they post. I do think we're a bit left leaning but I don't think it's as pronounced as you make it out to be. If it were, I would spend a lot more time reading whole threads rather than skipping 2/3 of the posts.

Phrossack likes this.
  9. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I've always considered myself more of a moderate but when we did that place yourself thread, I was listed as like the 3rd farthest right here.
    Very telling. But yes, I believe this place is far more represented than many give it credit for, however, I would classify this site as very left leaning.

10. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

We have more than a few people here who hold no values or views beyond "consistency for its own sake," a good number of moderates and non-leftist liberals, some conservatives, some arch-conservatives, and the odd outright reactionary. I wouldn't say it's a leftist echo chamber on the whole.

11. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Any radical alt-centrists?

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Debate on the articles of impeachment begin tonight. It is likely going to run until tomorrow morning. Not sure when they vote.

13. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Never said it was, just that if I was judging, I would consider it left-leaning.

14. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I hear this claim made about CFC a lot... that it is "left-leaning". Assuming for sake of discussion that this is indeed correct... to your mind why is CFC "left-leaning"?

15. rah

rah Deity Supporter

By the numbers. Heck, every time we do some type of poll the left seems to have more posters listed.
    And I'm probably a tab biased since they're the loudest ones, like lex.

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

I support this claim by pointing at Rah, a clearly reformed Republican, who is certainly in the rightmost quadrant of posters, barring the extremist lunatics who are more likely trolls than actual posters.

rah likes this.
  17. FriendlyFire

Dore called Trump a Psychopath, a Fascist ? called Trump supporters [cenored] Morons,
    Its weird watching him defend Trump though, you would think a sane logical person would want the Fascist Psychopath removed.

18. FriendlyFire

Its amazes me how Trump and Republicans praised the FBI after they helped him win the election
    Now today Trump publicly calls the FBI "Scum".

19. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

The DOJ report says that Nunes had been correct in his assessment of the FBI moves. Nunes had said:

The DOJ report now says:

As usual only a few reporters in the "liberal media" dare tell the truth...

And about one of the tings so talked about here, the "pee tape"...

Politics based on lies and false propaganda campaigns are destructive and evil. But there are plenty of people here happy with destructive and evil so long as it is "their team" doing it. They see no evil then.

Berzerker likes this.
  20. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Don't support any such claim. It's a trap. The scale is denominated in moronimeters.