Is Donald Trump Done for?

I was pretty incensed regarding Trump's behaviour regarding Tim Cruz's wife. His spinning (and lies) about it at the Town Hall meeting with Anderson Cooper just aggravated the issue. Trump is the guy who tested 'we should attack their families' in front of his audiences, mind.

Hit the handle fifteen times if that's what it takes to flush the turd November third.

I was pretty incensed regarding Trump's behaviour regarding Tim Cruz's wife. His spinning (and lies) about it at the Town Hall meeting with Anderson Cooper just aggravated the issue. Trump is the guy who tested 'we should attack their families' in front of his audiences, mind.

Early warning signs that things with the GOP base had shifted in a bad way.

Well, he tried a few things that actually didn't resonate. He'd have embraced those policies if the base had wanted them. "Go after their families" or "we should have taken the oil" were early forms of "lock her up". Because his base is used to him being a magic 8-ball of nonsense, they don't 'remember' these odious suggestions. So, he keeps recommending things until the base wants it. Then he wants it.

more analysis of the IG report from Jimmy Dore

I hope Carter Page sues the FBI

Dore made a good point, if the FBI really thought Carter Page was a Russian agent who infiltrated the Trump campaign why didn't they warn Trump? They warned the Clinton campaign about possible foreign influence but instead of warning Trump they lied about Page to spy on Trump.

Nah, no bias at the FBI

Do you draw your opinions from anyone else, or do you just repeat what you hear?

Do you draw your opinions from anyone else, or do you just repeat what you hear?

I think he just looks for someone, anyone, who will say what he has already made up his mind to believe. Standard Trumpist behavior. Also well known to be typical of Faux News followers, though Faux News won't even put out the level of nonsense Berzerker is looking for.

I hope Carter Page sues the FBI

Dore made a good point, if the FBI really thought Carter Page was a Russian agent who infiltrated the Trump campaign why didn't they warn Trump? They warned the Clinton campaign about possible foreign influence but instead of warning Trump they lied about Page to spy on Trump.

Nah, no bias at the FBI

This is the dumbest point this whole cycle, Trump was the Manchurian candidate. You don't tell the suspect you are investigating him. The suspicion was they were all conspiring with Russians to win. Trump was on TV begging for Russian assistance and talking about how great Putin was, you people are brain dead morons who cant remember two weeks ago. No wonder Fo news has their way with you. If this Dore moron is buying that line of bullfeathers he is as dumb as the GOP writ large.

Well, yes, I repeat what I hear... I watched the IG hearing and I posted excerpts. So I drew my opinions from Lindsey Graham and the IG and repeated what I heard. What a strange comment, do you repeat what you hear? Weren't you one of the people accusing me of lying about the Steele dossier? I'm not inclined to call other posters liars but if I did I'd sure apologize after learning I was actually wrong.

I draw my opinions from the news articles Dore cites and his guests, if he wasn't backing up what he says with news articles I wouldn't draw my opinions from him. I just like his comedic style. Do you have someone else in mind? Go ahead and post a link about how the IG report supports your position.

I think he just looks for someone, anyone, who will say what he has already made up his mind to believe. Standard Trumpist behavior. Also well known to be typical of Faux News followers, though Faux News won't even put out the level of nonsense Berzerker is looking for.

I believed Trump was a Manchurian Candidate and I was expecting Mueller to expose it all, then I started watching Dore, Aaron Mate and Glenn Greenwald. I only recently started watching Fox after 2 decades as a loyal MSNBC fan. RussiaGate taught me again both parties suck and neither has a monopoly on morality or the truth, so I'll do better listening to both sides rather than rely on one. Its funny you guys are accusing me ignoring evidence, have you watched the IG hearing yet?

This is the dumbest point this whole cycle, Trump was the Manchurian candidate. You don't tell the suspect you are investigating him. The suspicion was they were all conspiring with Russians to win. Trump was on TV begging for Russian assistance and talking about how great Putin was, you people are brain dead morons who cant remember two weeks ago. No wonder Fo news has their way with you. If this Dore moron is buying that line of bullfeathers he is as dumb as the GOP writ large.

You're not getting this. Hillary got a helpful warning, Trump got spied on. Guess who was in charge, her friends. The FBI was supposed to tell Trump about Carter Page so he could fix the problem like Hillary fixed hers. But the FBI couldn't tell Trump about Page, they were using Page to justify spying on Trump and they had to lie about Page to get the warrant.

But based on what some volunteer (Papadopoulus) said about the Russians having dirt on her we ended up with the FBI spying on Trump. Clinton was buying dirt from Russians for God's sake!

You're repeating RussiaGate propaganda. It was a lie, Clinton accused Jill Stein, Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard and Trump of being Russian puppets or assets or whatever BS she fed us. Thats a pattern of lying. The Clinton campaign and DNC had far more ties to Russia than Trump.

Machiavelli says to throw your weakness onto your opponent. A DNC internal poll showed Uranium One was a weakness for Hillary, so she accused her opponents of being corrupted by Russia. Trump couldn't even get a tower built in Moscow, she got millions for her foundation and Putin got a uranium concession.

Sure, what I said is a trend, not a 100% always fact.
My point is that being conservative or liberal has less to do with how much you have/make and more to do with the company you keep, ie the places you live and the folks you listen to/media you consume.
I drew my opinions from Lindsey Graham
QED.

Good question. And I guarantee that I can't give a definitive answer but can only speculate.
I think in general the internet leans a "little left" and the far right sites are in the minority.
This is exactly what I'm talking about... but going even deeper... why? Why does "the internet lean a little left"? Why are far right sites "in the minority"? Cause if that's the case then it's not CFC who "leans left". CFC is just reflecting the internet at large right? And "the internet" is just people right? So is it the case that people in general just tend to "lean left"?

This is exactly what I'm talking about... but going even deeper... why? Why does "the internet lean a little left"? Why are far right sites "in the minority"? Cause if that's the case then it's not CFC who "leans left". CFC is just reflecting the internet at large right? And "the internet" is just people right? So is it the case that people in general just tend to "lean left"?

I'll try this conversation since talking to Berzerker is like talking to all GOP conspiracy theories at once.

I believe that humanity naturally leans left because we are humans. Being a social animal requires working together and like I stated in another thread about the food stamps being cut I have a basic recognition that what is good for the teams progeny is good for me and my progeny.

American conservatism only ever made sense at all when it was a team building vision and "compassionate". Its not that now, its either just stupid and cruel there is not any other option. Cruelty even at their own obvious expense seems to be the larger part of the party now for them.

My point is that being conservative or liberal has less to do with how much you have/make and more to do with the company you keep, ie the places you live and the folks you listen to/media you consume. QED.

More younger people embrace the internet than older people.

More younger people embrace the internet than older people.
Okay, fine but putting aside the age spread in CFC OT which seems to contradict that somewhat, and just assuming that's true, again... Why do the young lean left? Because what you seem to be saying then is that the internet leans left because the internet leans young and young people lean left, correct? So why is that?

From every political research our company has done, age is the largest determining factor in which way you lean.
That follows the excepted speculations on this that most seem to have.
But those are the numbers and not the reason why.
But again, I think younger people still have all the hope in the world and have't been slapped in the face by reality yet. I think bad things might make you more conservative and the older you get the more chance for you to have had them happen. So you start avoiding change and try to stay safe.

Of course, just rambling on again.

edit. and the number two factor was money. And the older you get the more likely you are to accumulate it. Which also explains the younger wealthy conservatives.

Also, what's considered "liberal" will change with time. So a liberal that sticks with rationalized values from their 20s will eventually be pushing back against younger progressives.

But I wasn't kidding about trolling. Once the flavor of a forum tilts, the ability to troll across the partisan divide becomes imbalanced. We've shed many of our sensible rightwing thinkers. They're not changed, they're gone.

Reactions: rah
You're not getting this. Hillary got a helpful warning, Trump got spied on.
On this matter it isn't even necessary to use a trigger word like Hillary.

One of Diane Feinstein (D-CA)'s staffers was recently exposed as a Chinese agent. When they found out, the FBI did not assume, as they had with Trump, that Feinstein was therefore a Chinese agent. She was the first to be informed by the FBI. She was not a suspect; she got the benefit of the doubt, because while it makes sense that the Chinese would try to spy on the intel committee it simply does not compute that the politician herself is a Chinese spy. Their behavior was in this sense a model of how to run counter-espionage with a politician: "one of your people is an informant; we will move in and keep you posted," etc.

The FBI's behavior towards Trump, on the other hand, implies that they either assumed he was a Russian agent or that they were trying to frame him. Unlike with Feinstein, there was no coordination with the politician to root out infiltrators. They just assumed the politician, a flamboyant figure in US business and entertainment for decades, who had been ranting since the 80s about foreign power brokering, and hated Russia's most profitable piece of US foreign policy, the Iran Deal, was a Russian spy. So either that, which was stupidity, or people in the Washington FBI office were corrupt.

Two-tier justice system. There was also Crowdstrike denying the FBI access to the compromised email server. Clinton, Feinstein, and the DNC have access to an entirely different version of the FBI.

On this matter it isn't even necessary to use a trigger word like Hillary.

One of Diane Feinstein (D-CA)'s staffers was recently exposed as a Chinese agent. When they found out, the FBI did not assume, as they had with Trump, that Feinstein was therefore a Chinese agent. She was the first to be informed by the FBI. She was not a suspect; she got the benefit of the doubt, because while it makes sense that the Chinese would try to spy on the intel committee it simply does not compute that the politician herself is a Chinese spy. Their behavior was in this sense a model of how to run counter-espionage with a politician: "one of your people is an informant; we will move in and keep you posted," etc.

The FBI's behavior towards Trump, on the other hand, implies that they either assumed he was a Russian agent or that they were trying to frame him. Unlike with Feinstein, there was no coordination with the politician to root out infiltrators. They just assumed the politician, a flamboyant figure in US business and entertainment for decades, who had been ranting since the 80s about foreign power brokering, and hated Russia's most profitable piece of US foreign policy, the Iran Deal, was a Russian spy. So either that, which was stupidity, or people in the Washington FBI office were corrupt.

Two-tier justice system. There was also Crowdstrike denying the FBI access to the compromised email server. Clinton, Feinstein, and the DNC have access to an entirely different version of the FBI.
Do you not think there is something to these differences in assumptions, beyond the FBI being a rabidly left wing organisation?

Top Bottom