Is English Your Native Language?

Is English Your Native Language?

• Yes

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
I have two native languages I suppose...

Being born and raised in America English is one. However my parents also taught me Farsi since the day I was born, so I grew up knowing both. Somewhat difficult to determine which is my true native language, but I suppose since I live in the US it is English.

No, my native language is Dutch, but I also speak English and German (and a tiny bit of French)....

Jawohl.

No, it is German. 50 voters now, 27:23.

I am English, but can successfully get blank looks in German and French.

I am trying to learn Dutch, mainly because it is quite similar to English while being a basis for improving my French and Dutch.

Kind of pointless because many Dutch speak English just fine - but I do like Holland, and being English I try to be polite.

No. As G-Man, I started to learn English when I was 10 years old or so... I hope I've improved since then ;)

Italian..also spanish and english of course

Originally posted by Smaasnekje
Well, my first language is Norwegian, but I get better grades in English :crazyeye:

I had that too.

My native language is Dutch but I got the lowest grade on it of all the subjects I was doing exams in.

Maar ik kan toch wel redelijk Nederlands spreken geloof ik.

I tried to figure it out but I have to admit that I have no idea what that means

Thats Scottish slang for, "Oh yes, right now".

Och = Oh
Aye = Yes
The noo = (not one word in particular) right now

If i was to say, "Wait the noo", i would mean "Wait there" etc...
I just felt i hjad to give a detailed explaination there :)

I suppose you could say my native languauge is Gaelic, but i considor English as being my native language...

Top Bottom