Is Gods and Kings bugged?

Armageddon1

Chieftain
I was playing the "Into the Renaissance" scenario, put my computer to sleep for the night, booted it up again today and continued playing. After about 2 turns the game crashed, so I reloaded it and, much to my chagrin, my unhappiness went from +1 :) to -126 :mad:.

I tried reloading my save (saved right before I put it to sleep last night), same result. I tried the autosaves: same result. I'm kinda mad about this because I was having a spectacular game, and having unhappiness this high has completely ruined it. I just don't understand what may have gotten corrupted in the save to cause this.

Can anybody confirm if this is a known issue with the expansion or with the scenario

Sounds like you have experienced the auto-annex bug. Were you offered the opportunity to puppet, annex or raze conquered cities? Or were they automatically annexed? If the latter, you also weren't hit with the happiness penalty --- until you reloaded the save file, at which point if fell on your shoulders like a lead weight.

Won't be any help for this game, but this was more or less fixed in the hot-fix patch a few weeks ago. You should go to Steam and validate your game cache files.

Darn- that breaks my record of -82 ! :goodjob: I've been playing Into The Renaissance quite a bit over the past week. I have not noticed any bugs such as you described.

On a related topic, I am somewhat frustrated that the 'historical' map keeps changing, in respect to luxuries. I had this idea that the historical map would be fixed, but it is certainly not.
I have been playing as Francis I, King of France. Sometimes I have wine near Paris, sometimes I have dyes, sometimes I have incense. I will post screenshots to avoid having people accuse me of making this up.

I have also noted elephant herds in western Germany. Not sure what to make of that.

Darn- that breaks my record of -82 ! :goodjob: I've been playing Into The Renaissance quite a bit over the past week. I have not noticed any bugs such as you described.

On a related topic, I am somewhat frustrated that the 'historical' map keeps changing, in respect to luxuries. I had this idea that the historical map would be fixed, but it is certainly not.
I have been playing as Francis I, King of France. Sometimes I have wine near Paris, sometimes I have dyes, sometimes I have incense. I will post screenshots to avoid having people accuse me of making this up.

I have also noted elephant herds in western Germany. Not sure what to make of that.

The Historical Map has nothing more than the capitals, city states and the general terrain, but no luxuries. The Random, uses the European map script, which forms the map in an european-style map, but locations are more randomized.

Thank you King of Big Oz for explaining that.

Sounds like you have experienced the auto-annex bug. Were you offered the opportunity to puppet, annex or raze conquered cities? Or were they automatically annexed? If the latter, you also weren't hit with the happiness penalty --- until you reloaded the save file, at which point if fell on your shoulders like a lead weight.

Won't be any help for this game, but this was more or less fixed in the hot-fix patch a few weeks ago. You should go to Steam and validate your game cache files.

:( It's gotta be this, it's been automatically annexing for me. At least I know it is a bug, and the game's not ruined, I'm just turtling up since I got the vps, now it's just patience and killing rebels. Thanks for confirming.

Top Bottom