Is Iraqi punk'd funny?

Is Iraqi punk'd funny?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
I can't see the video, but I know what you are talking about. Yes, it a very black sort of way that I am sure many can't appreciate it is. It is also really screwed up.

Dark humor is really not uncommon for people going through such difficult times though. It existed in the burned out neighborhoods of London and Berlin and many other instances. It brings some levity amongst people experiancing the same thing.

It isn't something I would watch, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. So... sort of refraining from picking one of the poll options.

:whew:Well, let´s have all the Iraqis vote now! Hello Baghdad, may we have your votes, please...

A bit too mean, a bit too close to home. I don't particularly like limiting what you should be able to do in the name of humour, but scaring the living daylights out of someone in a very believable way is just downright mean.

Haha, I definitely think it's funny, but maybe not morally right. They should blow off the joke quite fast, though.

It's funny, but it is very dangerously close to being too scary for the participants/victims.

Also, if/when this gets well known, it could make people act stupid at real checkpoints.

All in all, it's funny, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

its only funny if there is no danger of REAL terrorist running around...

anyway, even American's punk are usually not funny.

Iraqis are the ones who have been living with that stuff for years so I don't think we can come close to understanding the psychology behind it.

BTW, The Sci-Fi channel's Scare Tactics often features unsuspecting people being threatened at gunpoint. And yeah it can be funny sometimes even if it is a little extreme.

It was sorta funny when he took off his shoes and started jumping around. Not a good prank though.

I think its funny as long as they are careful. I could see one of these going horribly wrong...

Not even close, threatening the physical or mental well being of others in such a way is just cruel torture, and cannot even come close to humour.

Not even close, threatening the physical or mental well being of others in such a way is just cruel torture, and cannot even come close to humour.
It seems the Iraqis producing it, the victim in the linked video, me, and several other people disagree with you. This is far from torture, and if not humour, very very close to it.

I didn't find it funny, but then again, I haven't lived in Iraq for 7 years to really set the mood.

At first I thought the prank was putting a fake bomb on someone's car and then letting them go through a real check point. Now that'd be funny. Except, you know, he'd probably be shot to pieces.

Well, I don't think the American punk'd is funny so....no.

I don't have any problems with it, but it isn't very funny.

It seems the Iraqis producing it, the victim in the linked video, me, and several other people disagree with you. This is far from torture, and if not humour, very very close to it.

It is torture and not funny, just because Iraqis produced it and others think it funny doesn't make it so. If you look objectively at the person being "pranked" in this video he is obviously going through severe mental trauma throughout the video, instigated by others who have power over him, so on both counts I am right.

All you have to do to realise my point is to put yourself in his position, frankly something those who think it's funny should really do.

Top Bottom