1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is is worth it?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by shusune, Oct 27, 2005.

1. shusune

shusune Chieftain

Ok... So, I'm considering purchasing civ4. However... I've been burned before, by civ3's copy protection... And I don't wanna drop another 50 bucks on a game I can't play. So, here's my system... Tell me if I should even bother with this game.

P4 3.4 GHz (Prescott)
    ASUS Motherbord (can't recall the model number)
    512 Meg of ram
    BFG Tech GeForce 5500 FX OC (with 256 meg of ram)
    Windows XP Pro

EDIT: Ordinarily I would just look at the system requirements... But the best I could find, in terms of requirements, read: "PC CD Rom".

2. userlain

userlain Chieftain

Civ4 will run on your computer. We installed the same GFX card on my brother's computer today and it worked great; a little laggy, but that's to be expected.

The real bottleneck in your system is the ram. If you buy 512MB more you will be good to go! Newegg.com has 512MB sticks of ram for $35+shipping:goodjob: