Is it ever worth it to capture city states as Portugal?

doublex55

Prince
I have god of the Sea and Riga is on a decent sized island 5 tiles away from my capital. Nearby are 1 coral, 1 fish, and 2 atolls! There will be room for 4 feitorias! It seems too good to pass up capturing them.

I will still have city states to trade with if i capture Riga. What should i do?

I'd go for it, unless it has a pledge of protection that could make things ugly or if you're in an otherwise precarious position (moving your army/navy there would leave you temporarily vulnerable elsewhere, you're already disliked for being a warmonger or you already declared war on other city states so many times that this this declaration would cause other city states to declare war on you).

Its my first time playing portugal. Can you do multiple exotic cargo to the same city state? And does the feitoria trade bonus stack?

You can do multiple exotic cargos on the same city state, but only one feitora will ever be placed. Keep in mind that the farther the city state, the more gold you will get.

I'd say go ahead and capture it if you haven't declared war on any city state yet. Otherwise the influence decay might make it not worth.

4 feitorias mean 8 coast tiles, are you sure about that number?
I have never seen city state with that long coastline.

Sure, I'll always consider capturing a city-state if it's in a good location and I wouldn't mind an extra city, mostly regardless of what civ I'm playing.

Top Bottom