Is it just me, or ....

berserks01

Obviously Very Confused
There are 2 things I just don't understand.

1. Pults cannot kill enemy units anymore.... why? It'd attack a unit at 99% odds and it withdraws and cannot attack that unit the next turn even when that unit is at 0.5 while the pult is till at max health.

2. Religion spreading does not reveal the other civ's cities. Why'd they take this away? It was a feature that I love, but now it's not so great anymore.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find these 2 changes frustrating? Well, it's probably just me, so this could be just me :gripe: :p

I noticed the first one recently too, annoyed me.

The second one makes sense. They are leaving that for espionage now.

I actually love the new catapults. You can find a barb city early and train your catapults to 10XP in no time. Just go in with CRI, bring down the defending archer to 0.8, wait one turn for it to heal back up to 1.8 or something, go in again at 99% odds and bring it down to 0.8 again.

Then bring that stack of CRIII catapults into your real war... :grin:

I love my siege weapons to withdraw.

AS for your first question. All I have to say is firaxis finally implemented siege engines correctly in game. Why cannons, catapults can kill off an entire enemy regiment is beyond me in original civ. When you shoot cannon balls or stones at enemy, sure some of them gonna die, but alot of them will just run and hide, and I don't think the you can push cannons faster than the runners. Current implementation of when siege weapon attacks, it can only injure the enemy reflects just that. And when siege weapons is on the defensive end, they can still kill the enemy off. This is realistic too. After all, when you are attacking you are charging towards the cannons not running away, so an entire regiment charging towards cannon got blown to oblivion is still plausible.

1)I suspect this was mainly due to the ludicrously overpowered trebuchet unit in Warlords, which outclassed every other city attacking unit until rifles, despite being supposed to be only suicide artillery. This change makes it impossible to take a city with just artillery, which was the easiest way in warlords.

2)Never made a lot of sense in the first place, and this ability works better transferred to espionage.

Top Bottom