1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me or...

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall RAND' started by sercer88, Dec 8, 2010.

1. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

Ok, I don't know how many of you all still play RFC Rand, but I've taken a liking to it over the last 3 or 4 months - even with it's balance issues...

But one thing that really makes me scratch my head is the random spawn dates: I haven't done any scientific experimentation on it, but just going from memory I would have to say that I get the low-end of the bargain well over 50% of the time - probably closer to 75% of the time I get a spawn date many turns after the "real" RFC spawn time. Quite frankly it is really annoying because of two very important things to me:
    1)I always am going for UHV, so if I have a set time-table to achieve my goal and suddenly that time table is cut by 10 turns because I spawn late, I am already that far behind the ball - and I am a very casual player and so I don't like a challenge like that
    2)I hate wasted time - and since I always go for UHV, if I start late I will almost always start over. Sure I could be doing something else while my computer churns out the turns until I find out I'm 8 turns late, but it is still wasted in some way.

Now, the real question is: it is so consistently late that it must be coded that way, but looking in the civilopedia it says that the random # of turns can be later OR earlier than the expected spawn date...

Am I really that unlucky or something?

2. rand_fan

rand_fan Chieftain

well sercer88, for me, i usually get earlier than usual for some reason... like Germany, i might start in the BC's for no reason, but sometimes (very rarely) am late, and then really late (1500-1600).