Is it Just me?

The Thracian

Warlord
But I hate the menu music for Warlords, It's nowhere as epic as the original Civ 4's Baba Yetu. I hope BTS's menu music is better then Warlords

But I hate the menu music for Warlords, It's nowhere as epic as the original Civ 4's Baba Yetu. I hope BTS's menu music is better then Warlords

I agree fully :goodjob:

You can change it though, by dragging the mp3 from the Civ Vanilla folder to Warlords.

I quite like Al Nadda. It sounds like a Normadic War Chant. It sort of bother me when I found out it was lebanese love song

Yeah, that kind of took the edge off it... Still, it works with the whole theme of the expansion- "Warlords". I'm guessing BtS, with it's lofty title, will have something a bit more epic.

I hate the music too, I changed it to Baba Yetu, but that got annoying too :/ However I still like the song a ton, but waiting for a multiplayer game for 15 minutes makes my ears desire more variety or nothing at all.

Frankly, the menu music for Warlords bothers me so much I can't concentrate on setting up my game. After a few moments I generally mute my laptop until the game starts...

I realize I could change it but decided against it because I love keeping things "original." I'm a perfectionist, so it seems having the menu music changed would kind of bother me lol

Hmm, I must be the only person that plays with the music and all sound effects turned off. I hate having my computer make any noise really, the first thing I do is turn off all sound effects in the OS. Unless I'm playing an FPS my computer doesn't make a peep. No speakers for me, just a pair of headphones. :)

I vastly prefer A Nadda! It strikes the proper exotic and militaristic tone, unlike the total "Lion King" vibe of Baba Yetu.

Most title screen music in any game becomes annoying for me, since I usually spend a while setting everything up to my liking in custom games. When you listen to something repeatedly you develop a disliking for it. It's nice at first, but then becomes old.

For example, everyone must have experienced it for music albums. You may buy an album due to one song (in my case Linkin Park's album for Crawling, Limp Bizkit's for Rolling, Papa Roach's for Broken Home) and end up getting sick of that song and then liking another song on the album more.

Btw no commenting on my music choice! ;D

Well with BtS, there is an option to select the startup menu. Now when I start BtS, I see and hear Civ4 vanilla.

how do I shut off Baba Yetu???? I've tried the PlayMusic=0 but that doesn't work. This is just for the original Civ 4 -- no expansions. I just want silence. Anybody?

Go to the in-game options screen and set music to mute. Of course, this'll turn of all music, but it's the most straightforward route.

Thanks. I was aware of that method, but I really like how the music changes over the ages during the game, so that's not a great option.

I just got tired of the intro music (contrary to popular response) after about the 2nd time I heard it, and would like to only remove that music -- replacing it would be fine too. Is there a way to have something else play instead? Flight of the Valkaries wouldn't be too bad.

Well, if you go to the folder where the music is kept, you can replace the file.
Go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack. Baba Yetu is OpeningSlideshow.mp3, so if you get an MP3 copy of Flight of the Valkyries (or whatever you want) and paste it into that folder (replacing the existing one) that should work. You may want to keep a copy of the original one somewhere, but that's up to you.

Ahhh! I had looked around and given up earlier -- I wouldn't have guessed the assets directory. It's actually OpeningMenu.mp3. This is great! Reminds me of replacing the "level up ding" sound in NetHack with the Hallelujah chorus. :)

Thanks Traitorfish!

I vastly prefer A Nadda! It strikes the proper exotic and militaristic tone, unlike the total "Lion King" vibe of Baba Yetu.

lol I 100% agree and even have used the Lion King reference to my brother lol. The tribal drums and chanting are much more my speed. Although, now i know i can change the mp3 file, i'll probably put some Tupac in there lol.

Top Bottom