1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by amboo, Sep 22, 2010.

1. amboo

amboo Chieftain

or is Civ V
    Civ III and Civ IV combined with added elements. Not entirely sure what it is but this game has similarities between both of them, and i think it's great. Once the expansions come out this game will be even better.
    anyone else get that though? Civ III and Civ IV mixed?

2. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney Villain

The game feels like it's lacking in depth to me.

3. Gath

Gath Warlord

I can't see how you'd feel that way, it's missing a ton of features that were in 3 and 4. If anything its more of a cross between Rev and Civ 2 with some original ideas thrown in.

Diplomacy has basically been pushed back to Civ 2 level, and combat is operating similarly to it, but with ranged bombardment. Nobody stacked many units in civ 2 because you'd lose the whole stack if you lost one guy.

I'm still not sure if REXxing is the best plan or not yet, you lose out on social policies, and cities which aren't the capital suck generally anyway.

4. bernlin2000

bernlin2000 Prince

Isn't that how most sequels work? They take some parts from previous games and mix in new stuff. This one just happens to have more new ideas than any of the other sequels ever had, which has definitely thrown people off balance (by the looks of most of these threads)

5. amboo

amboo Chieftain

no because to me civ III and civ IV weren't very closely related, they had basic concepts but were in there own style. This game feels like both of those styles morphed

6. Penwa

Penwa Warlord

I loved Civ 3, loved civ 4 even more (after the patches). I'll probably treat them both as different games. If I want an in depth game then civ 4, if I want an easy going game then civ 5. Saying that, I've only played the demo and it seems pretty great to me. :)