Is it me or does Washington sound like Bush?

I think he sounds like Bill Clinton actually. ;)

Yeah, he sounds so much like Bill Clinton I can't believe you could mistake him for either Bush.

That said, I'd laugh pretty hard if they made jokes about him being 'dubble ya'.

Bill Clinton. When he breaks a treaty with Napoleon in favor of Catherine, he is forced to give his reasoning. Simply, he stated, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Well, Washington was from Virginia. Makes sense that he sounds like he's from the Southern States (though I'll admit I'm not expert on accents).

I havent had Washington in any of my games yet. :( I think my for my next game I will do the advanced setup & make sure he's in it so I can hear him.

I think to players outside the US the American southern accent is maybe more iconic I guess, I doubt Washington would of had a southern draw though.

Not only that, but Washington in game uses proper grammar and finishes in complete sentences without making up words or using them in the wrong order. =P

If you listen to actual recordings of Washington he truly does sound a lot like Bill Clinton.

He sounds like a Virginian, not a Texan. I hope the OP is British or something not to be able to tell the difference. There is something a bit different from a modern Southern accent about it, but it is probably artistic license on the part of the actor, imagining how an educated 18th century Virginian might have spoken.

I should also hope that fans of the Civilization games are erudite enough to know that George Washington died over half a century before anyone's voice was recorded. :lol:

Bill Clinton. When he breaks a treaty with Napoleon in favor of Catherine, he is forced to give his reasoning. Simply, he stated, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Does he really? I've only had Washington in one game so far, and unfortunately for him he was in the way of my projected empire and had to be removed. for the sake of progress.

Yeah, he sounds like Clinton. I wish he was Bush, though, then the ******ed AI would make sense.

He sounds like a Virginian, not a Texan. I hope the OP is British or something not to be able to tell the difference. There is something a bit different from a modern Southern accent about it, but it is probably artistic license on the part of the actor, imagining how an educated 18th century Virginian might have spoken.

I should also hope that fans of the Civilization games are erudite enough to know that George Washington died over half a century before anyone's voice was recorded. :lol:

I'm from Virginia (born and raised near where Washington grew up), and that's *not* what a Tidewater accent (which is presumably what Washington had, it being as close to English as it is to "generic Southern") sounds like. They gave him a generic Southern albeit slightly softer than you'd find in Arkansas. What's spoken in eastern Virginia is closer to England than it is to Arkansas.

Considering he was alive only a few generations after the British founded the 13 colonies, it's more likely he would have a British accent than Southern.

Top Bottom